pretty soon, we wont be able to protect the borders.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yup; one person can monitor multiple towers/cameras so less manpower needed too.

I'd honestly wouldn't get into any arguments or say anything about our country if I were overseas. Though, I'm sure many people know the American people are not like the American government(eh, maybe not the extremist Muslims). Every people I meet from around there world has great things to say about the people.

eh, if im in another country, and somebody says something bad about this country, and i happen to agree with them, im not going to chastise them for saying something i agree with.

when i meet somebody that knows my brother, and they say something bad about him, which is normally true, im not going to tell them to shut their fucking mouth nor will i pick a fight with them because of it, if its true, its true.

if somebody asked me how i feel about our president, im going to tell them how i feel. im not just going to say "hes a douche bag" im going to give actual reasons i dont like him.

you're totally right, but never tell foreigners it's bad. it's not their country. they don't live here. they don't pay taxes. they don't vote.

if you talk shit about the u.s. to foreigners, it makes you (figurative not literal) look like an idiot. when you leave, they say "haha, stupid americans don't even like america". then they talk shit on you AND your country. it's just a lose/lose. Americans lack a sense of national pride, and it's digusting.

why not? we do it to other people all the time. hell, this is a whole thread bashing on mexico because of what we believe their country is like. and when somebody that is actually there chimes in and gives a fresh perspective, you tell him not to do something that we are doing, and something that a lot of illegals do to their own country.

if you can bash somebody elses country, you should be able to bash your own.
if you can talk shit about another nations people, then you should be able to talk shit about your own.
i personally dont really give a shit about what other people think about me.
if they talk to me and dont like me, then oh well. i wont be losing any sleep because of it.
i love my country, its my government that i have an issue with. and i will express that opinion to anybody who cares to listen.

uhm.... que?

yeah, im just gonna have to disagree with you on all of it.

its our right to say what we want about our country.
thats one key reason it is as great as it is.

Once again, I'm pretty sure the Bill of Rights does not hold any water outside of our borders, especially the "right" to free speech.

Have an anti-american conversation with a stranger at a cafe and a Taliban leader.

One makes you a bitch. The other makes you a traitor...see how fine the line is?

its kind of pointless, its just going to be a big post whoring circle jerk. me saying your wrong, you saying im wrong, essentially, we'll just be repeating ourselves. lol

but, if you wish, then just say so, and we'll continue. lol.

It all depends on how you define things. You can disagree with our government politics outside of the US and no one will think you're a traitor; but if you make threats or act in any way then yeah, I'd consider that treason.

And that brings me up to this; how would disagreeing with your government be anti-American when in our own country we can openly and freely scrutinize our government? I mean, politicians, including the presidents, are made fun of almost every day. I believe protesting our government is as patriotic as supporting our government.

its like i said before, being able to openly point out the flaws of your government makes you patriotic. being the one that quietly sits in the corner and doesnt say anything about the gov even when you know they are wrong makes you an idiot and a pussy.

i never just say "my government sucks" never. when the conversation goes in the direction of government and politics, i give my views, and i give reasons to back those views. and i give thoughts and ideas of which ways would have been better.
i do my very best to not sound like an idiot. and when i talk to new people, i hope that they prove me wrong, because if im wrong, and they show me that i am, then i get to learn something new. you'll never learn anything if you just refuse to believe you are wrong all the time.

Back