Problem. 90 Civic. battery light.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Korax

This is my 88 CRX xsi D15b (carbed) swapped Civic DX hatch. I was getting on the highway from a dead stop (asshole in front didn't know how to merge). Was in first gear and when my tach hit 4k it jumped straight to 5k, my battery light came on, and it went back down to my actual revs. This literally just happened, I'm gonna go check some fuses. Did something short? Never had anything like this happen before.

hmm more info, when u say the tach went bk down to normal revs- is tht meaning while idling?
if u was hammering on it did u chk ur alt belt to c if it jumped off? the batt light will come on if the alt goes bad also.. chk those and the ground wires.if u aint already.

Yeah, the belt was the first thing i checked when i turned the car off and turned it back on to see if the light was still on, and it was. No, i mean it went back down to 4.2 or w/e it was really at. Also, as I have stated, i have a DX still running the DPFI on a supposed to be carbed motor.. there is no such thing as hammering it haha. I never go past 4.5k. The alt going bad is possible I guess, but it isn't even a year old yet. It doesn't seem to be running differently but idk yet.

Checked all fuses and they are good. Looking for my multi meter....... dont know where its at ;/.

Thanks for the input 8sec. It was the alt (was still under warranty too so that saved me $80 or so). Soon as i disconnected the battery it died. I just can't get over the fact that my car drove for 25 minutes after it died with headlights and radio up and everything, and still had power to start quite a few times when i was trying to figure what was wrong with it. I guess the tach jumping was from the surge it created when it died, idk.

its all good bro anytime glad i could help and u got it solved... yeah i seen in a few other posts awhile back about tachs jumpn n all... now if i can get mine fixed lol dang cam cap bolts broken off in head

Back