problem with spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i just completed a swap recently....started the motor first chance i got because i built it myself and wanted the relief....well it started and sounded great...then for now appearent reason the thing wouldn't start like 4 tries later....i started it one day and tried later the same day after hooking up the rad and some minor non electrical stuff...nothing....well i gutted the distributor and replaced everything...now i get spark but ....its orange

i tested the compression i'm getting 12:1....with this high compression i know how critical a good spark is....my question is how to make that orange spark a bright blue one so i can be on my way....thanks guys

anybody have any ideas? get this...my friend came over and i wanted to crank it to show him the spark and the car started!!!....then when he left i tried to start it again and nothing?!?!?

1. i checked all the grounds for good contact
2. i checked distributor for voltage...good
3. checked all fuses anyway....good

still nothing
thanks

which relay are you thinking of? i am getting 12volts at the distributor when the motor cranks and i know i'm getting fuel. Everything was fine with the d-series in it...maybe i'll put it back.....NOT

Back