Problems W/ Auto Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pLop

Was wondering what kind of problems I would run into if I decided to do an engine swap on a auto tranny (who could say "no" to a free car?). The car is a 95 dx coupe. Also... anyone ever heard of auto-> manual conversions n' the difficulties???

Just remember that a lot of engines out there didn't come with an auto tranny mated to them. Also, if you somehow get that swap to work you're shooting yourself in the foot because you're loosing a lot of performance by trying to use an auto. Just swap the entire thing out.
Don't even think about doing an auto-to-manual conversion. It'll cost you too much.

i just made a post about the auto to manual here- https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&#entry63516

its very do-able. Calesta's sedan was an automatic that was converted. depending on how good you can score parts for it, it can be done cheaply. having a shop/dealer both find you the parts and do the conversion will be a lot of money. keep that in mind.
if you are in the texas DFW area-- give intercrew atuosalon a call. they are the shop that did Mike's conversion.
I'm sure there are other's on the board as well who have had this done.

the REAL question is, what is the car worth to YOU, regardless if it was free or not. Is it sell-able? clean title? things of the sort

it's not that expensive if you look around and get all the parts you eed before you start ripping shit apart. i bought everything i need except the fluid line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder and i've spent about $530, i even found somebody that will do it for $300. so if you look around and don't buuy all your parrts from the first place you go to you can do it for relativley cheap. IMO

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 16 2003, 06:19 AM
if you are in the texas DFW area-- give intercrew atuosalon a call. they are the shop that did Mike's conversion.

The number's in my sig if you want it.

Hey, I own a 99 civic dx with auto transmission. Tomorrow, I'm going to swap my engine out with an LS and add a Greddy turbo with Intercooler. I'm definitely going to swap my tranny out for a manual and get an Exedy Stage II clutch. Everything is going to cost me $8,761 including labor. It's cheaper if you get your tranny swap the same time you get an engine swap. :spin:

Originally posted by MarkJimenez99@Mar 25 2003, 07:37 PM
Hey, I own a 99 civic dx with auto transmission. Tomorrow, I'm going to swap my engine out with an LS and add a Greddy turbo with Intercooler. I'm definitely going to swap my tranny out for a manual and get an Exedy Stage II clutch. Everything is going to cost me $8,761 including labor. It's cheaper if you get your tranny swap the same time you get an engine swap. :spin:

Did you decide to go with an Cerametallic or Organic?

Back