project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the "leak" was actually breake cleaner burning off... and i didn't have the dipstick in.. lol im a dipstick. some oil was splashing out of it.

hey, at least i didn't pull a tony and have oil coming out my bov. :D

bah, its fine. it doesn't touch... and after running for a half hour, the top was still cold to the touch... its not conducting heat like the manifold does - which by the way is WARM :)

just warm? lol... so very glad to hear the cars running. Didnt you get new wheels, will you post or PM pics of the new wheels.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2004, 07:20 AM
ran her for probably 30 min straight

Aren't you idling it too much for a brand new motor? It's gonna need to be broken in hard really soon now.

Don't forget about Motoman!

full race kit: $4000+
gsr motor: $3000+
miscellaneous turbo parts: $1000+

Finally getting off your lazy ass and finishing the sol after a year:
priceless

Theres some things in life money can buy....for everything else, use ji...

i'm glad you got her running B...I had a mean feeling that after ji went to your house those few weeks ago, we would soon see the sol running...

the engine had 3K miles on it when Brian got it. So I doubt it needs to be "broke in" maybe the clutch.

brian did you ever post the details of the engines internals?

HOLY SHIT! B great to here you actually got here finished.

Have someone weld up a dump tube for you. I bet you'll get flames to shoot out the side of your car.

Did you fix the alternator?

Is your interior still a mess?

When you coming to michigan?

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 26 2004, 07:58 AM
the engine had 3K miles on it when Brian got it. So I doubt it needs to be "broke in" maybe the clutch.

Ah ha, I thought it had been rebuilt. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2004, 09:33 AM
bah, its fine. it doesn't touch... and after running for a half hour, the top was still cold to the touch... its not conducting heat like the manifold does - which by the way is WARM :)

Mmmkay.... I just remember that it wasn't easy to check your oil levels without getting burned by the manifold. :)

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 26 2004, 09:44 AM
just warm? lol... so very glad to hear the cars running. Didnt you get new wheels, will you post or PM pics of the new wheels.

go back a couple pages... there's pics of the car rolling and of the wheels.

HOLY SHIT! B great to here you actually got here finished.

she's far from finished.... but shes drivable now.

Have someone weld up a dump tube for you. I bet you'll get flames to shoot out the side of your car.

its on my list to do, but not a priority...
and flames coming out of the wastegate = bad. if that happens, im firing my tuner.

Did you fix the alternator?

yup. cut it off, replaced it...
but it loosened up last night on the ride... gotta re-tighten it down... use a little more torque on the tensioner bolt.
Is your interior still a mess?

yup... like i said its far from finished.
When you coming to michigan?

probably never. lol

I thought it had been rebuilt.

it along with the clutch had 3k on it before i bought it.
You need to get a video, Of that shit running

if i remember, and if its still running later, as theres plans to do the fuel pump and other misc stuff tonight.
Mmmkay.... I just remember that it wasn't easy to check your oil levels without getting burned by the manifold.

easy no, but it works.
full race kit: $4000+
gsr motor: $3000+
miscellaneous turbo parts: $1000+

i wish that's all she cost... lol
double that, and then some....
brian did you ever post the details of the engines internals?

importbuilders #8 2.0 GSR GEmfg sleeved block
9:1 JE's
eagle rods
sir head, portflow head package from importbuilders
gsr tranny/quaiffe
clutch masters stage 4 clutch
full race turbo setup, stage 3 kit with stage 4's larger IC
hondata, rc 750s, blah blah... 1000s of shit to list.

are the cams brand new? If they are, you actually should run the car at 2500-3000 rpms for 20 minutes when you first start it, and avoid idling the car for long periods of time for the first 500 miles.

This just in...

B dynos his engine... has mad 3rd gear VTEC skills...
ricedyno.jpg

Back