pual hamm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

okay, i dont know how many of you are watching the olympics, but i just watched the mens individual gymnastics championships, and paul hamm made me proud to be american. in case you guys never watched it, paul actually slipped and fell on his ass on the vault. Most people would have just given up and said fuck, i aint gonna win anymore so why try. but no, with a fucked up shoulder, he went on to the last two events giving it everything he had and became the first american to win the mens individual gold in gymnastics. just awesome stuff.

after his 9.1 on the vault, he was shot from the top to 12th, after his next event, which i believe was parallel bars, he did very well, but needed a 9.827 or something to win gold. even the announcers said 'it's a very very tall order, i don't know if he can do it'

his high bar routine was superb, and i do believe the guy totally deserved it. HUGE upset for the Koreans, because, he was SO far back, with almost NO chance of winning. he came back from nowhere. i give him major props.

EDIT: *puts this 'smiley' to use* :eek:lympics:

i watched andre ward tonite, one of our boxers, he's 20 years old and owning ppl. he hasnt lost a match in 6 years. he fought the dude from italy tonite, ate his lunch...won 17-9. w00t

new_olympic1.gif
:fosho3: :wavetowel2: :notworthy2: :thankyou2:

I fucking hate NBC and there coverage. The ONLY thing that I ever see on is swimming and gymnastics. True, they are for the first time showing all the sports in the games, however, they are screwing the guys without cable. I actually have a high def TV but no cable, and for the first time ever on it, the normal NBC is diffrent for the High def. The first day I thought it was sweet, but once I started watching, all they do on High def NBC is just replay ever fucking event. I have seen the women's gymnastics team win silver 3 times (2twice on HD, once on normal) 100m free Phelps vs Thrope race a good 3 times. Its annoying as hell. You would think with HD, they would show you alot more stuff. The quality of the picture is unmatched, but watching the same thing 4 times is gay as hell.

:werd: The NBC coverage is pissing me off, it is solid swimming, beach vollyball (eh, chicks), and gynastics. I want to see the other shit instead of 2 minute highlights, of the shit. I really wanted to see the Mens bike race time trials, and only saw the finish for the top three riders so maybe a minute of that, and then it was back to Gymnastics. Oh well Congrats to Tyler Hamilton for his gold, and Bobby Julich for his silver in the mens cycling time trial.

i'm a swimmer, i those are the events that i follow more closely. but i do want to see the other things like boxing for one, and maybe soccer. i've never had cable tv, so i get screwed all the time. looking forward to it when i move into my dorm!!! :D

for those of you complaining about nbc's coverage, both USA and BRAVO show the olympics. the other night i was watching mens field hockey, cycling time trials and equestrian events, so you should check out those channels for the less popular events.

My cable has been down and will not be working till Monday when the satilite guy comes out and puts a satilite on my house. Yo, fuck comcast!

Comcast is great, if my service is out, I don't get charged, and I've had them fix my shit when it went down in minutes! Sucks to be you :)

Originally posted by mattcalica@Aug 19 2004, 02:48 AM
okay, i dont know how many of you are watching the olympics, but i just watched the mens individual gymnastics championships, and paul hamm made me proud to be american. in case you guys never watched it, paul actually slipped and fell on his ass on the vault. Most people would have just given up and said fuck, i aint gonna win anymore so why try. but no, with a fucked up shoulder, he went on to the last two events giving it everything he had and became the first american to win the mens individual gold in gymnastics. just awesome stuff.
[post=379035]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya, BTW, the olympics are rigged since the other american guy had to start at a 9.5 instead of a 10.0 on his last event . . .. . . he shoulda won too.

Back