Pulleys...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gen2Teg

simple question, just wondering, anybody know how much HP a complete pulley kit will put down on a LS? AEM pulley kit with a UR crank pulley, no AC. I've heard a lot of different things from different sites, people, but i'd rather check here to see if anyone actually knows, or a rough estimate.

IMO, don't swap out your pulley. don't swap out any of them, especially the crank pulley unless it has a harmonic balancer.

it's not worth it.

I have heard this before. Harmonic Balancer? UR and AEM just lighten the pulleys and maybe make them a bit largerI think???? (I don't Know) How can this cause vibration?

no i've been having them for hella long, and i can feel a huge difference. I would get it all balanced but you know.... laziness and cheapness. Im just wondering now how much im putting down.

The majority of the power is going to come from the crank pulley itself, don't bother with the AC,PS pulleys. skip the pulley and keep your stocker.

Milan

a balanced pulley does NOT mean a balanced rotating assembly.

in all reality, the pulley would have to be balanced whil eits on your crank. honda does it. your local balancer guy won't have a clue.

stock. end of story.

the n1 pulley is also not balanced.

even if it is- its balanced on the motor it came from- not yours.

So to beat this dead horse, does anyone know how to balance the pulley on their vehicle?

All most people want is good ideas about power. It seems most are against pulleys but the company's make them for a reason. If you take the pulley and balance it properly for your specific motor are they worth the $100 or so? LBS is very important in racing and balance is of course the only way to go.

Being lazy about balace will cost you in the long run with other problems.

Your local machine shop should know how to do it. When I assmebled my engine I took the machinist my entire rotating assembly (pistons, rings, rods, crank, bearings, flywheel, timing belt pulley, and crank pulley) and had him balance the entire thing as a unit. The more stuff you add to the balance job, the more expensive it gets. But it can save you money at rebuild time.

ok so back to my question... how much does it put down? and they state more than 3hp.

Of course they do. MSD advertises a horsepower increase with their plug wires, and lots of companies offer insane gains from their intakes/headers/etc.

it depends on how much your motor is putting out, to answer your Q i would guess-ta-mate roughly 2whp.

But keep your stocker in all retrospect.

Milan

Back