putting discs on drum brake rear on eg civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's what Id do but where I buy from don't really tell Mr much lol but they are a lot cheapeso I'd just have to look into that some more I guess

I was about to go and cross-reference part numbers at Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store to check compatibility, but you can do that too. ;)

As far as the proportioning valve, every single 4040 valve I picked up had issues- I ended up using my stock prop valve and everything was ok- even after I upgraded to 11 inchers all around. It may not have been ideal, but I never had stability issues while braking through a turn. If you measure pad and disc temps though, it might be a different issue.

I was about to go and cross-reference part numbers at Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store to check compatibility, but you can do that too. ;)

As far as the proportioning valve, every single 4040 valve I picked up had issues- I ended up using my stock prop valve and everything was ok- even after I upgraded to 11 inchers all around. It may not have been ideal, but I never had stability issues while braking through a turn. If you measure pad and disc temps though, it might be a different issue.

Same here, not having problems with the prop valve that my car came with, even beating it to the point of melted tires on Hockenheimring .

on a side note im heading to the junkyard on wed to get the parts and im kinda excited and cant wait lol anyone else get excited and anxious to go to the junkyard?? lol just hoping they have everything i need because what usually happens is when i go to find stuff for my car when i actually have money theres nothing but when im there for something else aka my gfs car or something they have stuff for my car EVERYWHERE! lol

ok well i got what i needed (from a 95 teg) but my next question is does it matter if the wheel hub bearing i get have abs or not? the teg i took it from had it but mine doesnt, but will the ring on the hub be in the way of anything or will it just be there doing nothing???

Did you pull the entire trailing arm or just the hub assembly? Not sure if it would get in the way if you're swapping hubs- entire trailing arm, no problem.

was thinking of the hub but may just fill in the bushing on the trailing arm and swap that in which case i doubt it would matter since id also be taking out the abs sensor and all that

only thing i really need to do is scrub all the rust off the caliper and bracket and repaint the rest of it is fine lol

Back