putting z6 in 88 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noob23

I have an 88 crx si that currently has a zc in it. The zc needs to be rebulit so I was thinking of putting a z6 in for the time being. Could I just use the si tranny? As long as I get the complete z6 all I need to buy is the obd conversion harness, right? Any help would be appreciated.

You can use your tranny but must use your flywheel and clutch from your current engine. You can do an obd conversion but it is not necessary. There are plenty of ways to get vtec to activate without doing it. If you are planning on putting the zc back in I would not covert obds. You will have to change the l bracket on the drivers side mount from your old engine to the z6 and will have to swap a sensor or two on the engine block. I did this swap over 2 years ago and don't remember all the exact details.
Try doing a search on google and get some websites that have some pics and detailed instructions. If you have any other questions just ask.

Thanks for the info. Any help on getting the vtec to work properly would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Pm me tomorrow so I am reminded to respond. Ill reply on the board. I just don't have a lot of time right now to go into detail.

Back