question about b series into a crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by erikespo@May 3 2005, 11:38 PM
why do i need a mount kit for a b-series engine?
[post=494719]Quoted post[/post]​

to place the motor in the correct position and height to fit into a car it wasnt engineered for by the original manufacterer

if i can swap a d series in with no kit and the 93 civic has a d- series and does not need a kit for a b - series why do i need one for the crx? Why can't I use the integra mounts?

uhm, the chassis in the 88-91 crx is not similar to a eg... you think if it were possible to swap w/o custom mounts... everyone would be byin the mount kits...

just get hte kit, and get it over with

the mount kits cost more than a complete b18 swap for the price i am getting $400 for a mount kits is $50 more than i am getting the complete engine, tranny wiring harness and ecu. that is why i have a problem buy a mount kit.. what mounts are the same? I will fab my own if i only have to move 1 or 2

actually how are the place racing mount kits? I found a set for the b16 into my car.. i think they are the same as the b16 mounts right?

Originally posted by erikespo@May 4 2005, 12:56 AM
the mount kits cost more than a complete b18 swap for the price i am getting $400 for a mount kits is $50 more than i am getting the complete engine, tranny wiring harness and ecu. that is why i have a problem buy a mount kit.. what mounts are the same? I will fab my own if i only have to move 1 or 2

actually how are the place racing mount kits? I found a set for the b16 into my car.. i think they are the same as the b16 mounts right?
[post=494791]Quoted post[/post]​

that's why this site has FAQ's along with the :search: feature...

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29749

mount kits also aid in drivetrain breakage...if your motor is crooked (which it will most likely be if yoiu "fab" your mounts) you'll break axles like crazy

yes... most b series mount the same... there are reason as to why you can not use any oem honda mount to put the ls into a crx... do i know them, nope. is it important to know them most likely not.. so just buy the monut kit... PR is ok,. but hasport owns

i have place racing mounts in my crx, there ok, the mounts arent bad, little stiff.
but I think place racing went out of business.

Its because the mount points in the engine bay are not exactly the same in the CRX as they are in the Teg or the CRX SiR. Therefore, in order to get the engine to sit correctly in the bay, you need custom mounts. If you are getting cheap mounts, I suggest Az racing, they have some billet alluminum mounts that look pretty good. Of course, however, I recomend Hasport. They are proven to work well, and they put the engine in the right place (and I've never heard of them breaking as I have with some mounts, ie placeracing).

Pretty much, what I'm trying to say, is avoid welded mounts, they have week points. If you get billet ones, they will be much stronger.

Back