Question About Oil Filters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
I just wanted to know what kind of oil filters you all use. i heard that oem honda oil filters wont let the oil drain back from the head to the crank case whn the car is off. so oil will always stay in the head. just wondering if anyone knows if this is true.

BTW i know fram filters are crap, no matter what you buy because they only use paper filters.(i cut one of thier cheap ones in half and one of their double guards, they both had the same kind of paper filter just the double guard had two.

i use OEM Honda Oil Filters because stock OEM honda motors that have been serviced by OEM Honda Certified Technicians go 150k-200k miles consistently.

thats what i am planning on using once the swap is complete.

I started using NAPA Gold filters (made by Wick's) after I heard and read that Honda filters are rebadged Fram's. They've got some superior technology having to do with the spring inside the filter as well.

Just use the largest capicity filter that will fit and make sure it's rated to meet or exceed manufacturers specs it should say so on the box. No pepboys specials.

Back