question for everyone for this idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dancomer

is it possible to use a mas airflow sensor before the throttle body for my boost setup so i do not have to worry about the map sensor reading boost? and yes i know i could just use a missing link or check valves...but is it possible and can i do it with a factory computer?

I doubt it, they work differently and require different inputs.

Mass Airflow = warms a small wire in the intake stream and tests the impedance caused by the wires temperature at different throttle positions.

Manifold Absolute Pressure = measures manifold pressure oddly enough.

If your gonna use hondata for fuel management you can use a GM 3 bar map sensor. Then youll have a good setup with no check engine codes or anything.

maf or map, the stock honda ecu doesn't have boost ingition and fuel tables. it doesn't know what to do with it once its out of mHg

using a MAF with a stock ECU would be an exercise in futility. You might as well re-write the ECU's program from scratch.

Originally posted by radnulb@Apr 12 2004, 10:18 AM
using a MAF with a stock ECU would be an exercise in futility. You might as well re-write the ECU's program from scratch.

Ya, this kid is funny... When I turbo'd my truck I got rid of the MAF and went MAP... You're a very troubled individual dude... If you want to run boost on your stock ECU go to www.pgmfi.org get the DIY tools and keep your map sensor! :p

Back