Questions about the Amish - Post em here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

With this school shooting it's become blatantly obvious that not one person in America seems to know shit about Amish people.

So if you have any questions, and are sick of the "Did you know that the Amish are polygamists and eat chinese people?" types of shit going around, Ask here.

kthx.

I'll start off:

this is a common one.

"There are no Amish rappers nor reggae artists"

Matisyahu is a Hessitic Jew. He was born in an Amish area in Pennsylvania, but he is no more amish than I am. His rap is good, but it's clearly Jewish in nature.

Amish fun fact:

Amish kids have guns. To the Amish, guns are a tool and are just as dangerous as pitchforks, only they recognise that a pitchfork is more dangerous if strewn out on the ground than any rifle ever could be. Kids learn riflery at a young age. They will bring a rifle around if they feel they need to shoot something.

The school shooting was NOT Amish-on-amish.

Popular misconception #2:

"The Amish are like the Hassidim, and are closely related"

No.

"Video of the scene showed Amish young men wearing hats and suspenders and women and girls in long dresses sitting outside the small country schoolhouse, surrounded by dirt roads.

Horse-drawn carriages could be seen in a nearby parking lot. "

Even CNN.com thinks the Amish are a mysterious phenomenon, only brought about when people say magic words and they materialize from space. They look in awe like they were aliens.

You said that movie was about Hessitic Jews !

Yeah, happened today. No one is really sure about it. The reports say "a school is on lockdown" and others say "The shooting occured in a school"

The gunman has apparently been shot, but the same thing happened in Las Vegas today. They put schools on "lock down" with a shooter in the area.

PA is reporting 6 people killed, including the gunman. Which means about 20% of that communities generation was shot.

is Celerity the majority shareholder in an amish corporation and is trying to do some damage control before all 20,000 shares of "Hammers and Anvils United" go plop?

Last edited:
i had an Amish person stare at me a few weeks ago...no lie. i pulled into gas station and seen this Amish guy working on a ladder doing some sorta repair work. anyways, pulled in and laid out the truck in the parking lot (like i do everywhere) and he turned around and looked at my truck for a few minutes. i guess that was the first time he had seen something like this.

last year when i moved to Indiana, i got behind this Amish family who were in their horse and buggy. the parents were up front and and the 2 kids (1 boy and 1 girl) were sitting in the back. anyways, i didnt get too close because i didnt wanna spook them or anything. the little biy happened to turn around and was pointing and smiled at my truck. i guess he had never seen a bright yellow truck before...

this thread is worthless without a link. the first thing i thought of was "kingpin" and bowling. i haven't heard anything about an amish shooting.

great now even the Amish are hood

or are we talking about an Amish trenchcoat mafia?

"Spent most our lives living in an Amish paradise"

i will trade you your ENTIRE amish population, to be relocated to California for the entire illegal alien population of california.

great deal !!

Our illegal aliens drive cars, and they are willing to work on the sabbath, as the amish are not.

watching cnn on lunch and they said that 6 are dead including the shooter.
cop gunned down the shooter and that is all they have said.

Back