questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

razma369600

hey guys i was going to put a a6/ z6 mini me in my 90 hatch but i have been looking around at some of the dohc motors, and i have a few questions.
first are the dohc zc and b16a 1st gen a drop in swap??and i have found hp ratings for these motors but what about torque?Also what wiring harness and cpu will i need to run these motors?

the dohc zc is a direct swap for 88-91 ef's. if you have a dx model. you'll need to convert to mpfi from dpfi. you could use your d-series(hf, dx, and si. si being the best there!) tranny instead of the zc tranny. if you do use the zc tranny you'll need to use the zc axles as well.
this is an obd-0 setup. on the ecu you could use a pm7 (JDM ecu) but it has a 112MPH speed limiter on it. pg7 (88-89 integra 5 speed ecu) it tends to make the engine run abit rich. just make sure it is a 5 speed ecu!! or the pm6 (90-91 crx si ecu) This era of crx ecu's have more aggressive fuel and timing curves than that of the previous years.

the B16a 1st gen. is "not" a direct bolt in swap. you'll need a list of parts. do a B16 swap parts search. and you'll find the list that you'll need! this is tipickly(spelling?) an obd-0 setup. but some people do the obd-1 swap on it. for better tuning!!

Back