Race Fan Shoots "Annoying" Crop-Duster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
A NASCAR fan who apparently took exception to a crop-duster's drowning out the televised coverage of a race will spend six months in jail for trying to shoot down the offending aircraft. Anthony Gene Moore, 36, of Lenoir County, N.C., was convicted of a single count of firing into an occupied vehicle after he hit Don Wayne Slaughter's Air Tractor with at least three shots from a .270 rifle. Two shots went through the airplane's left wing and another hit the battery, causing it to explode. Slaughter, 53, heard the shots before he saw a man on the ground firing a rifle at him. He headed for a nearby airport and called authorities. Police found Moore at his home a short time later where he admitted to firing on the plane "because it was annoying him" while he was watching the race. Police seized a Browning .270 caliber rifle and several spent shell casings. They say they think Moore had been drinking.

waketurb.jpg

:roll: :( :blink: <_< :p :D :lol:

Thats not the actual pic for the actual plane in the artical...just a pic of the type of cropduster hit...

well what you expect from a guy who sits in front of the TV for hours watching cars drive in circles :p

Originally posted by Airjockie@Apr 5 2004, 02:31 AM
They say they think Moore had been drinking.

youre shitting me right
they THINK he'd been drinking???????

i could have told you that he was shit faced as soon as i read this:

A NASCAR fan

:lmao:

what a tool

BS for two reasons... you can't hear a gunshot from inside a plane, let alone a peashooter like a .270. Second, it's deceptively hard to hit a plane with a gun, much less while you're drunk.

I agree with Loco this time. Although he could have tried, and the pilot could have more seen the man than heard him and evaded.

I've been telling people for years that we need to arm planes - With like, GE Vulcans or something.

-> Steve

Well he was crop dusting, so he was probably only 20 feet off the ground or so... It's not totally impossible... Probably, but not totally. :D

Now darkhand is thinking. If he was cropdusting he cant be that high off the ground. And if you are calling a .270 a pea shooter, then your dumb. Im sure a 270 would go through a plane wing, well from what ive seen them do to deer. especially if the plane is a little cesnsa or somethin.

Some crop dusters are fabric covered, so even an air BB gun would go throught hem. The ones that are metal have 18 gauge aluminum skin on the wings, wich is easily punctured by a high powered CO2 BB gun. It doesn't take much to punch through the skin of a civilian aircraft.

in the grand scheme of guns a .270 is most def. a pea shooter- if you think that is a hardcore rifle cartridge you're dumb, it's a great deer cartridge and even enough bullet for bigger game, but it is no artillery cannon holmes

Wow, we are arguing over a damn article in a nes paper about some redneck shooting a damned plan. Wow, alright. I think it was an alien with his plasma ray.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 5 2004, 11:25 AM
Wow, we are arguing over a damn article in a nes paper about some redneck shooting a damned plan. Wow, alright. I think it was an alien with his plasma ray.

Actually, no... it was your mom. See, your mom has been appearing in the media for years. You didn't know this, but I shall bestowe upon you infinite knowledge about your mom.

She first made herself know during the "Big Bang." Don't ask how.

Then she showed up in Biblical times with Moses. No, she wasn't on the Ark. She was the Ark.

She took a little time off, got married, had kids, but occasionally moonlights as Nessie and back in the '60's, when chicks didn't shave, she stood in for Bigfoot when he was too strung out to show himself.

Every now and then, the gravitational forces radiating from her gargantuan ass produce anomolies in the space time particle flow, making people do stupid shit, like shoot airplanes and buy Hondas.

On top of all the other shit I said- "They (the police) think that he was drinking." Come on... Police don't think... they either know or don't know, and this case, theyd' know if he was drinking or not.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Apr 5 2004, 11:56 AM-->
@Apr 5 2004, 11:25 AM

Actually, no... it was your mom. See, your mom has been appearing in the media for years. You didn't know this, but I shall bestowe upon you infinite knowledge about your mom.

Then she showed up in Biblical times with Moses. No, she wasn't on the Ark. She was the Ark.

She took a little time off, got married, had kids, but occasionally moonlights as Nessie and back in the '60's, when chicks didn't shave, she stood in for Bigfoot when he was too strung out to show himself.

Every now and then, the gravitational forces radiating from her gargantuan ass produce anomolies in the space time particle flow, making people do stupid shit, like shoot airplanes and buy Hondas.

ahahahahahahaha
wow
fuckin awesome

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Apr 5 2004, 11:56 AM-->
@Apr 5 2004, 11:25 AM

own3d like a little red-headed step child

.270 is a weak as shyt...i could take 10 of those bullets before i go down... <_< :blink: <_< :blink:

Back