radiator hoses for B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

Hi,
I'll be ordering a B16a tomorrow for my 92 civic lx. I heard that the radiator hoses for my car won't work for the b16 engine. where is the best place to get a set of the correct hoses.

also are there any other parts that I may need to complete this swap. I will be getting mounts, axles, shift linkages, and all those goodies along with the engine, it is a full swap setup but I'm sure there are certain things that I may find out are needed.

thanks
Sean

got to honda get hoses for a del sol VTEC
those are the hoses you need

sure, if you want to get the wrong ones. If you go to pep boys or advanced auto they always give you the wrong stuff. just go to a honda dealership like he said.

My last tranny swap, I was missing the slave cylinder, and some minor bolts. It ended up costing me like 90 bucks all togther and from the honda dealership. I picked up my radiator hoses from Discount Autoparts, it's like a Pep boys. As long as you know what to get your fine.

Milan

let me put it this way, I got a S4(99+Si) tranny with 16k on it for 300 plus shipping, so it came with no slave cylinder and honestly I really wasn't complaining, guys were quoting me like 700+ for that tranny. The point I wanted to make was that you WILL pay top dollar from the honda dealership, and all you need to know is the correct part that you want to get and go get it for the best price.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 26 2003, 12:25 AM
let me put it this way, I got a S4(99+Si) tranny with 16k on it for 300 plus shipping, so it came with no slave cylinder and honestly I really wasn't complaining, guys were quoting me like 700+ for that tranny. The point I wanted to make was that you WILL pay top dollar from the honda dealership, and all you need to know is the correct part that you want to get and go get it for the best price.

Milan

WERD! The dealer guys are just as dumb if not dumber than the auto part guys. I did swaps alot and would go to the dealer and buy dealer's only parts and u won't believe this but they hired dumb and dumberer. All I'm saying is as long as u give the right info's, any auto part store would be able to help u and spend 1/2 the price for your part. Make sure u are using your stock radiator. Hey Gates is a very reputable rubber company. Like I mention in earlier posts, there are plenty of aftermarket parts that meet if not exceeds the oem. Good luck with the swap.

thanks guys,
yeah, my mechanic is pretty darn good and he's doing the install for $400 plus parts. Pretty damn good considering the "speed" shops in Minneapolis wanted $1000 plus parts.

here's the start of a list of parts i think i'm going to need, please add to it if you guys know of anything

timing belt
tensioner/water pump
radiator hoses
plugs
wires
tranny fluid (is Honda fluid the best for a Honda LSD tranny?)

I think that is all I'm going to need as of right now, but we'll see once the engine gets here

later
I'll let you know how it goes

I'd use 10w-30 motor oil for tranny fluid

I've never heard of that before, seems strange to me. I think I'll stick with Honda tranny fluid

the engine should be here next week, got it ordered up today :D

Back