Ran across a beautiful car today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zueke

I just wanted to take a moment that I ran across a :worthy: Ferrari Testerosa chilling on the side of the road near a contruction site today. I pulled up, asked if I could take a picture or two, and the people there were nice enough to take a picture of me in front of it.

Pictures of this event on the late news tonight, I have yet to process the film.

Nah, no digmal cam. I work with those, and I don't like how you don't have a real good way of printing out a good, long lasting copy of the picture. I need the ability to put a wallet sized picture of my baby in my wallet... My Del Sol :)

Originally posted by zueke@Oct 11 2002, 02:41 PM
Nah, no digmal cam. I work with those, and I don't like how you don't have a real good way of printing out a good, long lasting copy of the picture. I need the ability to put a wallet sized picture of my baby in my wallet... My Del Sol :)

You just need to hit a service like Ofoto- they make excellent prints from digital photos. You can't even tell that they're digital.. they look just like regular prints!

(Tech Note)

Calesta,
The reason I state this about making pictures from digital files is that most processes use a short-term lasting picture (something that lasts only 5-10 years in good conditions) where as the good paper that Fugi and Kodak print on for actual photographs will last at least 150 years. Now, that said, there are machines that can process digital pictures onto regular photographic paper using a laser instead of a projection lamp. These pictures are not only CRISP, but also last a long time. The problem is that I don't trust anything over the internet because I am very picky about color (being as how I am a photographer) and none of the places that have the equipment to do this process in my area A) know how to use it (LAME!) or B ) Will charge a fair price for it ($1.50 a pic, no way!)

All the reasons I don't go digital, but otherwise I wouldn't mind getting a Nikon D1, Canon 1D, or Nikon D1H donated to my cause... :)

Ah.. zueke- if you're talking ideal color preservation, yeah- you'll want to do it yourself. Don't send it to any of the internet printing places. I thought you were just talking about the difference between printing at home from digital prints vs printing from a roll of standard film. Lots of the mid to lower range digital cameras don't produce colors 100% accurately anyway. That said, the cameras you listed out generally don't suffer from that problem.

:D

Online photo processing will improve though- and you have to admit... digital photos will not deteriorate over time, while negatives will. You can always get prints remade from digital files, as opposed to a negative which may or may not be in the same condition as the day it was first developed.

dude, if you go to walmart/any other place that developes pics with a CD they will print them on actually picture paper (ie kodak)

if you are worried about colors coming out right, you really have to develop them yourself. those mass film developing machines are not calibrated to specific film brands and/or series. they are calibrated to a general average. they would have to calibrate the machine to each individual roll of negatives to come close to perfect colors cause each brand and series of film has a different negative tint. ok, thats my 2 cent photography input
:)

capslock.gif

got caps lock?

Back