Ratings for companys that sell engine swaps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Preston E

Hi Guys,

Im in Houston and am looking to put a b18c GSR into my hatch, but was wondering if anyone knows of a thread or site that rates or reviews the companies that sell the JDM or USDM motor/trany combos or complete swaps.

I spoke with a guy here in town that swears that you can only just get a motor/trany and ecu...that non of the people that advertise include the half shafts, axles, shift linkage ect...

But people like this advertise http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30009

Just looking to not get burnt or end up with many problems...

I've tried searching Google for anything and come up empty.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Preston

Hmotors is an excellent company and you will get at least everything that is listed... and it will likely be in better condition than what is pictured (yes their stuff is THAT clean)

feel free to call them up, Steve is very helpful and will talk you through the whole process and answer any questions or concerns you might have

I've bought through Hmotors before too.

this is my sir2 that came. nothing changed (ie, thats the valve cover and header that it came with)

DSC01426.JPG

my h22 was nowhere near that clean b. i think the guy in the packaging dept was having a bad day when they shipped mine out....

all of the hmotors engines that i've seen in person have been like that.

oh,, and the 'gunk' between the dohc and vtec on the vavle cover is left over tape from the shipping wrap that i didn't scrape off fully.

all of the hmotors engines that i've seen in person have been like that.

oh,, and the 'gunk' between the dohc and vtec on the vavle cover is left over tape from the shipping wrap that i didn't scrape off fully.
i wish i was as lucky as you.

I got mine through hmotors too. Showed up with not a scratch to the valve cover. The thing has held up extremely well too. It's seen 30k miles of abuse, 10k of them boosted. It's never smoked, or grided a gear once.

im not big on shit talking but people must be warned!! i bought my engine ect, from nagasaki jdm motors and was not stoked at all!! they gave me the wrong wiring warness the wrong ecu and the valve covers had orange spray paint on it. the engine is great now that its running, but i acredit that to honda! Buyers beware!!

oh theres several shitty importers out there passing off absolute garbage

feel free to post "stay away froms" as well as endorsements

im not big on shit talking but people must be warned!! i bought my engine ect, from nagasaki jdm motors and was not stoked at all!! they gave me the wrong wiring warness the wrong ecu and the valve covers had orange spray paint on it. the engine is great now that its running, but i accredit that to Honda! Buyers beware!!

How can you blame Honda when you bought the motor from someone else? Honda built it, it ran, and someone else sold it. Blame the person you bought it from, not Honda.

As for sites, I've never heard anything bad about HMotors. The few times something was a little off, I have heard that their customer service went above and beyond to ensure everything turned out good for the purchaser.

Hmotorsonline.com gets a big thumbs up from me as well. They worked with me in more than one way. I was very impressed with their customer service. I would do business with them again in a heartbeat.

My motor came from Noyan Engines, dont even know if they are still around, as far as I know I am the forth owner of it and it is still running like a champ.

How can you blame Honda when you bought the motor from someone else? Honda built it, it ran, and someone else sold it. Blame the person you bought it from, not Honda.

I think he was saying he accredits Honda for it running great.

My bad. I thought he was saying Honda was responsible for the motor not running right.

I retract my statement.

As for sites, I've never heard anything bad about HMotors. The few times something was a little off, I have heard that their customer service went above and beyond to ensure everything turned out good for the purchaser.

i said "now it runs great and i acredit that to honda." sorry for you lack of interprutation, but i love my honda!!

Back