Real or Fake Spoon radiator??? HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I<3myhonda

i have a dude with a Spoon aluminum radiator for trade...how do i know if its real or fake? it has the spoon badge on the top of the radiator but no "SPOON" spray painted on the front.. i would post pics but i dont know how.. e-mail me for pics

lmtslip@yahoo.com

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Nope, like this.....................

Spoonradiator.jpg

I really don't think its real... Real ones look like this...

100_0981.jpg

yea.. i believe spoon radiators are full size.

thx for helpin post the pic...and spoon makes half size ones.. the badge on the top is what is throwin me off...thx for the responses

spoon is overrated anyways. most of the time a stock radiator is more than enough.

well it will be for my b18b when i finish my turbo kit up.. and its a good deal if i take this radiator. i know a aluminum dual core radiator will help with the cooling bc the block will be decked/bullet proofed( to hold more boost without blowing a cylinder) so i figured ill need a aluminum rad eventually..so if this is a "real" spoon rad iama take the deal bc they go for about $1,200.. but if its fake iama pass.. there is a spoon badge welded to the top...and anyone could paint "Spoon" on the front of any rad...thx for all the replys...is there anyway/thing to look for to make absolute sure its athentic SPOON? i know to look at the welds to see how good they are and all but maybe a serial number? stamped number or something??

what.........they are saying its fake from what i took from there posts,
just get a mishimoto there cheaper and just as good if not better

The top looks a lot like the picture on the link AHHVTEC posted. If you look at the hump where the radiator cap mounts....looks the same.

Not sure if there's rip off brands out there that look like it does at the top. I looked on Ebay. I will be the Devil's Advocate and say is is a Spoon

Look at it like this.. If it isn't spoon, it is still an aluminum capped, nicely welded dual core radiator. What are you trading for it?

Also, it isn't the same as the spoon pic ahh posted. The end brackets are dog eared and the spoon is not, they have holes, the spoon does not, and the spoon's bottom plate looks much more substantial. The pic you posted looks very flimsy.

Last edited:
Sides are different....I see the dog ears now. Bottom looks the same and could be wear n tear

Its a toss up...if its $60-70 (cash or trade value to you) I say its a good deal.

And I have been looking for a Mishimoto and I am finding its $175-200 new like $300+ with the slim fan and hoses.
But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Back