rear fender 89->90?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

runderwo

Will rear fenders from an '89 Accord fit a 90 Accord EX?

no, probably not. totally different body style. they look similar, so that might throw you off. but they're not. you may be able to mod one to fit since they are similar, but at that point, you might as well go ahead and buy a 4g fender for your application.

Yea, I went and looked at it, the 90 has the trim part that goes all the way along the top of the windows, while the 89 actually is part of the roof.

So what can I do about this rust? The fenders are chewed to hell, I have a few small dings elsewhere but I'd like to take care of the fenders and get it painted before the rest of it starts going to hell.

i had the same problem on my 90 accord, as well as nearly any older honda ive seen they all have rust in the rear fenders...

Your gonna need to cut out the rusted section, Cut out some sheet metal, weld it in, Bondo over it, sand it and everything

ITs gonna be tough because theres a contour right at the lip of the fender you would have to bend the sheetmetal to the same contour...

So how does the rear fender come off? It appears connected to the roof, or at least to the piece that goes over the doors to the front.

I am thinking of having a shop cut out the rusted part and do the welding/bondo and then painting it myself, has anyone gone that route? I am not sure what they will charge.

I am also thinking that I will get a lot cheaper price if I cut the fenders off the 89 and bring them. I am trying to figure out if the "lip" part around the wheel that is rusted out matches enough. Then the metal from the 89 could be reused instead of having to shape it from stock sheet metal, which would presumably save me labor costs.

Last edited:
Back