Rear Trailor Arm Bushing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slowasscx

i have a 95 GSR sedan (yea, a four door) and the rear passenger side wheel has a toe-in problem. upon further inspection i noticed that the rear trailor arm bushing (the big fat one in the middle of the arm) is starting to show signs of giving up. i called acura and found out that the bushing is NOT sold by itself it's only sold with the whole trailor arm (for a price of about $224).

so my question is: is there an aftermarket company that sells these bushings for the lower trailor arm by themselves?

one more question, since the wheel is toe-in and the alignment nut is maxed out to be toe-out, should i just get another trailor arm from a yard?

i'll have pics up shortly of the wheel and it's "situation"

thanks for any help, it's appreciated!

here's a link to see a pic of the trailor arm here!i

this is kinda not related but just a heads up
toe-out in the rear is not good
it makes the rear of the car have a tendancy to want to swing out in corners
you want neutral or toe-in in the rear... toe-in makes the rear follow the fronts better
for the front go with neutral or toe-out... toe-out will make the car turn easier

Trailing arm, not "trailor arm". Damn $224 for the arm and bushing? You might as well buy an Energy Suspension master bushing kit or something and install poly bushings all around (I'm pretty sure it includes that trailing arm bushing). At the very least, you could replace the bushings in the trailing arms and wait on the rest. Installs are a bitch though, especially in that location.

:lol:

You can also go to energy suspention and buy indivigual bushings if you dont want to do the entire suspension.

ok, trailing arm, not trailor arm...sorry about that one. but ES and Prothane both make trailing bushings?

then i'll just go and order one (maybe i should do BOTH sides) but what about that toe in? trust me, i'm liking driving the car right now. it does lke to swing out in the rear :(

i might have to get another whole trailing arm that isn't as bent from a yard

I'm pretty sure they do make those bushings- but call them and find out. I'm just trying to show you that options other than paying out the ass for a dealer part are available to you, and that they would be cheaper and higher performance than going OEM again. If you replace one of the bushings, you really should do the other side so it matches.

If you like driving the car now, wait till you have to replace something else- like your tires because you scrubbed the hell out of them.

:lol:

Back