reason number...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Says another guy from Washington, drowning in another Saturday rain. We can measure our annual rainfall in feet in Aberdeen.

Please Californians, come take some of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 157
Also, toilet flushes are less than one minute of shower. Recirculating showers can be purchased for those who want loooong showers. Otherwise, you could put in a water conserving shower head, 1.75-2.0 gpm work great.

That's why I said Crohns/IBS guy, someone who pees out their butt 20 times a day and since the toilets already suck, they need to be flushed twice for a perfect poop and 4 times to get down an water spray poop.

Not sure but I believe CA doesn't give you the choice on using a not water conserving shower head. I think its either a conserving shower head or a conserving shower head.

Please Californians, come take some of mine.

190 days of rain and 127 sunny days, that would be tough for me to deal with that many rainy days. When it rains does it rain for a couple of hours then get nice or do you have a lot of rainy days?

190 days of rain and 127 sunny days, that would be tough for me to deal with that many rainy days. When it rains does it rain for a couple of hours then get nice or do you have a lot of rainy days?
Lots of rainy days......winter is dark and dreary. On the upside, we don't get a lot of crazy weather.

That number varies greatly depending on where you are in Washington, even just in western Washington. my parents live 20 minutes from me and get twice the annual rain fall that I get

Or you could live on the east side and it's pretty much a desert. Spokane gets a fair amount of precipitation though.

Reactions: tab
Selah or Yakima are awesome, for the weather. 300 days of sun a year, cheap property, with a strong river nearby. They run when a drizzle comes! I drove over to Missoula Montana last week. Coeur D'alene Idaho is gorgeous.

Doesn't California get most of its water from the Colorado? Water rights and agriculture tap that river down to nothing. California needs to treat grey water effluent if the commodity is that scarce.
No, most of CA's water comes from within the state. We rely heavily on our winter rains and snow packs in the sierra. All our aqueducts flow from the north of the state to the south.

What they need to do is cut off the Almond farmers first. Did you know for all the Almonds grown in CA, they consume as much water as the SF bay area and LA combined?

Looks like my grass is dying this year...

Only the southern part of the state has deserts. :p

I have always wondered why they don't A) use desal plants then either harvest salt from the brine or sell it to midwest states for winter road use. B) pipe the treated water back into the reservoirs in area to fill them back up. The only issue with a majority of treated water is the mentality that it came right from your neighbor's toilet. Instead of dumping it into the ocean pump it to a reservoir.

Selah or Yakima are awesome, for the weather. 300 days of sun a year, cheap property, with a strong river nearby. They run when a drizzle comes! I drove over to Missoula Montana last week. Coeur D'alene Idaho is gorgeous.

I work in CDA... they say if you dont like the weather wait 15min, or drive 15 miles. ive left sun at work and driven through thunder and snow by the time i get home...

Reactions: tab
I have always wondered why they don't A) use desal plants then either harvest salt from the brine or sell it to midwest states for winter road use. B) pipe the treated water back into the reservoirs in area to fill them back up. The only issue with a majority of treated water is the mentality that it came right from your neighbor's toilet. Instead of dumping it into the ocean pump it to a reservoir.
Because we've never had a recorded history of a drought this bad to necessitate money being put into a desalination plant like that.

There is a long history of fighting between environmentalists requiring more water going through the delta to preserve the smelt (a small fish) and everyone else (especially central valley farmers) who wants the water for their own use. Even today a HUGE amount of water is set aside for agriculture here since CA supplies the nation with much produce.

Because we've never had a recorded history of a drought this bad to necessitate money being put into a desalination plant like that.

There is a long history of fighting between environmentalists requiring more water going through the delta to preserve the smelt (a small fish) and everyone else (especially central valley farmers) who wants the water for their own use. Even today a HUGE amount of water is set aside for agriculture here since CA supplies the nation with much produce.

Yeah but CA has known about this issue since the early 80's. I know that there were plans back that far for a pipeline from Alaska to norther CA - it was just too cost prohibitive back then. I still don't see why treated water can't be piped somewhere.....Hell even if it is just for irrigation. I have always wondered if the water was back up to where it generally is with some of the reservoirs would it be enough to impact the weather patterns in parts of the state.

Back