Replacment Mounts For 97 Civic With B18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baker

I tore the shit out of my upper drivers side mount, I'm assuming it was the extra load added by the motor and the hard launches from the clutch master stage 4 clutch. I replaced the mount with a stock mount today because I need my car but I'm obviously going to need something different. I intend on changing both drivers and passenger side mounts sinc ethe passenger side one doesn't apper to be holding up all to well either. DOes anyone have any experience with the energy suspension mount inserts or are they total garbage? I'm leaning toward the mount inserts but worst case I can always get the ones from place racing or HASport. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of these mounts or inserts.

I would think the stock mounts would hold,unless your laying down a ton of extra power.I was looking into some replacment mounts and Hasport told me I didn't need them,even after I told them I really wanted to buy them,he convinced me to save the money.Maybe your old mounts were just that,old and tired.But from what I hear there are varying views and preferences on the aftermarket mounts bases mostly on opinion since all the complaints are the same and all the praises are the same.IMO the Hasport are probably the best as they hit the scene hard with a ton of projects and have done their homework,not to mention the newer billet mounts look brutal.

the ha sport replacement mounts are pretty decent. but like said above, the regular old b-series mount should hold it fine- given its in good shape. I bought a set of ITR mounts for my project... we'll see how they hold out if i still have a job in 3 hours :(

you ccan't use the drivers side mount from a b series in a 96+ its a different style so i am using a stock civic mount, I Guess I'll see how it holds out but the last one had maybe 50,000 miles on it and was really torn up

B18B1

Bolt-in swap
Requires 99-00 Civic Si Rear mount
Requires wiring harness modifications.

This is a exert from hybrid garage according to it you can use the mounts except the rear mount.hybrid garage Check it out ;)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 15 2003, 04:14 PM
B18B1

Bolt-in swap
Requires 99-00 Civic Si Rear mount
Requires wiring harness modifications.

This is a exert from hybrid garage according to it you can use the mounts except the rear mount.hybrid garage Check it out ;)

you falled to see the point of the excersize here....

and that is wrong anyways, you need to replace the bracket that bolts to the block on the drivers side.....

anyways i was asking about a better mount since i ripped mine, the motor is already in I don't need to know what mount is required but if i need to get and what would be better mounts

Back