Retard Timing For 93 Civic D15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm538

I heard if you retard your timing you will gain low end torque. How do i do this I really need to know.... is it worth doing this for a 1/4 mile race can i win doing this...?

First, you need to have an aftermarket cam (preferably Skunk2, AEM is known for stripping.) The best way is to get a dyno for a 1/2 hour and have then adjust/retard it for optimal gain.

the problem is not your timing - its that small ass d15 under the hood.
why you are even attempting to drag with that is beyond me. its not a race car if it has 100 horse dude.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 27 2003, 03:47 AM
the problem is not your timing - its that small ass d15 under the hood.
why you are even attempting to drag with that is beyond me. its not a race car if it has 100 horse dude.

i feel pity for you man.

not everyone can afford some crazy engine swap or turbo kits. as for under 100hp race cars, go to Europe, do some thinking and then come back.
i'd rather have a good handling car with less than 100hp than own a Stang that can't turn no matter what.

BTW i own a Fiat h/b and i use it to tease WRX's over in roads in the Alps. it has about 95 hp out of 1.2L turbo charged, need i say more.

good

:angry: spoiled people make me mad!!

Q

He's got a point--D15 is pretty much worthless, I got one...And as far as I know, he has worked for everything he has, just like A LOT of us have.

Have a nice day!
Next :whip:

An EG with a D15.. is not a race car but all I can say is that on European twisty roads you can have some fun with it. For sure.

;) B)

Back