Rim decision help for 93 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Makahana187

I'm looking for some new rims for my DX sedan...any suggestions on size and style/company? oh and i'm a hs student so the money isn't as available as i'd like it to be if you get my drift...

well, how much money do you have?

if you don't have any money, leave the wheels stock. spend the money of movies and girls. enjoy high school while you can.

well i'm just now starting to search for some rims. i don't plan on buying any until prob spring or summer. right now i'm focused on getting an exhaust system, then ill get the rims. go before show baby!

is it the stock d15 in there? if it is, an exhaust will add absolutely nothing. the engine doesn't produce enough power to be affected by exhaust restriction. i would suggest getting good brakes and tires and maybe some new springs before all that. make the car drivable. a big fart can will just look stupid and make a lot of noise.

yeah first put money into the suspension....

if you want some nice cheap wheels just get some 15" rotas of some sort, whatever style you like. the tires are pretty cheap and the wheels are light and affordably priced.

I think all he wants is style and quality. For a high school student find your local or near by scrap yard, and just kinda watch it, when you see a car come in with some nice rims and their not f'cked from an accident. ask how much and work a cheapo deal out. or local tuners, that bought some high dollar rims and their old ones are still nice and they no longer want them.

For your civic. 15, 16, and 17 inch with low pro tires would fit it just fine. Really we cant decide for you. Your the one that has to make the choice, according to your budget, liking of style, and availability.

well the car has a B16A swap and the stock cat and exhaust from the d15, thats my reason for the exhaust

Last edited:
also i'd appreciate what you guys would recommend for some suspension upgrades..nothing super special just to have a more enjoyable driving experience

Suspension:
KYB AGX and Neuspeed Street springs
very nice street set up, and can hold up to autocross
ride quality is excellent, drop is reasonable and keeps proper suspension geometry, handling is greatly improved over stock

Brakes:
Brembo "blank" rotors (non drilled non slotted)
Hawk HPS pads
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
excellent quality parts, vastly improved braking, low noise, low dust, virtually no fade
for more "feel" go with braided lines, for even more aggressive braking Hawk HP+ pads are excellent (HP+ are not pleasant to run for a daily driver, they squeal a lot... actually they are noisy as fuck, they throw dust like crazy, and they eat rotors like candy)

Rims:
15 inch, under 13lbs... beyond that make your own call based on style

Tires:
depends what you want them for... daily driving tires are not good drag racing tires, good drag tires are not good corner carving tires, good corner carving tires are not good for racking up daily driver miles, and on, and on, and on...

and even though this isnt the correct forum for exhaust talk... get the RS*R ExMag it doesnt look like a grapefruit shooter, its quiet and has a great tone (not ricey at all) its around $550-$600 but well worth every dollar

best of luck and welcome to the site

15" is my favorite size for a Honda I have some on my '93 dx now. Just find what you think looks nice and can afford.

Suspension:
KYB AGX and Neuspeed Street springs
very nice street set up, and can hold up to autocross
ride quality is excellent, drop is reasonable and keeps proper suspension geometry, handling is greatly improved over stock

Brakes:
Brembo "blank" rotors (non drilled non slotted)
Hawk HPS pads
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
excellent quality parts, vastly improved braking, low noise, low dust, virtually no fade
for more "feel" go with braided lines, for even more aggressive braking Hawk HP+ pads are excellent (HP+ are not pleasant to run for a daily driver, they squeal a lot... actually they are noisy as fuck, they throw dust like crazy, and they eat rotors like candy)

Rims:
15 inch, under 13lbs... beyond that make your own call based on style

Tires:
depends what you want them for... daily driving tires are not good drag racing tires, good drag tires are not good corner carving tires, good corner carving tires are not good for racking up daily driver miles, and on, and on, and on...

and even though this isnt the correct forum for exhaust talk... get the RS*R ExMag it doesnt look like a grapefruit shooter, its quiet and has a great tone (not ricey at all) its around $550-$600 but well worth every dollar

best of luck and welcome to the site

i appreciate the help with the suspension...i was gonna either go with kyb or tokico shocks and then prob eibach or neuspeed for springs, so you helped to confirm that i have a decent idea for suspension.

i had absolutely no idea for brakes haha so your advice really helps there

for rims and tires i'm lookin at some 15 in rotas and prob some bf goodrich tires

and as for exhaust (i know this isn't the forum for it) i was gonna do a hi-flow magnaflow cat w/ buddy club spec II exhaust. i like the buddy club w/ silencer cuz like you said, no coffee can stickin out the back and not super ricey sound. plus that exhaust is supposed to be pretty light.

i appreciate the help

Back