Road Dyno Testing And Hp Gain?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDAPITSTOP

Well, as I have been modifying my 90 Honda Accord EX over the past year I’ve been using a computer tool called “Road Dyno” that hooks up to the engine and then you transfer the data into a computer after you make several runs to see horse power / torque and other things.

Anyway, I got around to doing a run today after I installed my DC Sports Ceramic Header. So far the “road dyno” results have been pretty close to other reports on the net. However, it seems that my DC Header increased by 13 HP. I doubt it actually gained that much so I’m thinking something happened with my tests but I did 3 tests before and after the header install and they all came out about the same or higher in HP.

I plan to take my car to a real dyno shop soon to compare results but for now here’s the link to my tests.

Any thoughts our there on what might be causing the higher HP gain on this test?

Click on the below link and I also posted a link which compares all 4 charts from stock to now. At least I had fun flooring the heck out of my car today ;o)

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/tests/r.../road_dyno.html

Bruce Moody
http://www.hondapitstop.com
sales@hondapitstop.com

i really dont think those things are that accurate, like you said, take it to a real dynomameter to see what your actual HP is.

Originally posted by bmoody33@Feb 1 2003, 06:03 PM
Any thoughts our there on what might be causing the higher HP gain on this test?

the POS software :lol:

seriously, i doubt any of those figures are accurate. devices like that and the gtech are off a good second in the 1/4 and + or 1 25 hp even thought they claim to be a lot more accurate.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. Usually, the tests have been faily acurate or within realistic results. I ran another “road dyno” test on my car after installing the DC SPORTS header and this test looks more realistic. I think I was getting some wheel spin or something on the previous test. Once I get over to a pro dyno shop I'll see how acurate or inacurate the "Road Dyno" really is ;o)

I posted the results at the link below. (copy and paste if it’s too long or a link)
http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/tests/r...1990header.html

Originally posted by B16@Feb 1 2003, 08:35 PM
i really dont think those things are that accurate, like you said, take it to a real dynomameter to see what your actual HP is.

Just following up on some of my threads.

I got my 1990 Accord with the F22A4 engine dyno'd and the results were pretty close to the Road Dyno device I had been using. Within about 5HP and it showed about 150HP at the crank and 127HP at the wheels.
Click here to see the dyno result scan

i bet that if you said it was a JDM header, then everyone would be saying your results sound VERY accurate. a majority of people here simply beleive that DC makes shitty headers.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 7 2003, 04:24 AM
i bet that if you said it was a JDM header, then everyone would be saying your results sound VERY accurate. a majority of people here simply beleive that DC makes shitty headers.

Actually, I was talking about the total gains for all the bolt ons measured by the road dyno device results and how they were fairly close to the actual dyno results that I recently had done on a professional dyno.

Back