rolling fenders

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey i got the same prob, my back tires hit that lip when i hit a dip. but when i went to bend it upward, it wouldn't budge. i bent the front with no problem, i think the back is thicker metal. anyone have any other suggestions on how to bend it without damaging the body?

i had that problem in my accord (when i owned it) and i just grinded the lip away. of course i was also doing body work at the same time... if you do grind it.. be sure to seal the exposed metal.. u dont want rust

the only thing that worries me about rolling the fenders w/ a baseball bat is chipping or cracking the paint.

Originally posted by paragus@Dec 17 2002, 10:22 PM
i had that problem in my accord (when i owned it) and i just grinded the lip away. of course i was also doing body work at the same time... if you do grind it.. be sure to seal the exposed metal.. u dont want rust

the only thing that worries me about rolling the fenders w/ a baseball bat is chipping or cracking the paint.

I was an idiot and descided to "originally" Just try to crimp the back fender up into itself. Yeahhhhhhhhh bad idea. That chipped the paint. But rolling the fender ever so slowly and slightly will work. I have done it to 3 other cars (of course after learning from my mistake) and the paint never chipped. Because not only does the underside lip roll up towards the fender itself. But the whole fender gets pulled outward(like a fender flare). You don't need to go crazy. Just enough so it stops rubbing.
Oh and B16 if the wife lets me I could take a trip down and do it. It would have to be after X-mas though bro. Shit is hecktik right now. It would be a good reason for me to check out your new suspension :worthy: .

word, you should do that then... especially if you have experience doing it, i just know i'd fuck something up :p

rolling it sounds good, but i cant even fit my finger between the tire and fender, how can i get a bat under there. i wanted to do the grinder idea, but i dont want a chopped up looking lip, maybe i should go to a body shop so they can do it cleanly :blink:

Originally posted by B16@Dec 18 2002, 10:29 AM
word, you should do that then... especially if you have experience doing it, i just know i'd fuck something up :p

ill take pics!

Originally posted by spoonhatch@Dec 18 2002, 06:37 PM
rolling it sounds good, but i cant even fit my finger between the tire and fender, how can i get a bat under there.

ummmm
idea.gif
use a jack and raise the car up a few inches till you can fit the bat in there

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Dec 19 2002, 12:02 AM-->
spoonhatch
@Dec 18 2002, 06:37 PM
rolling it sounds good, but i cant even fit my finger between the tire and fender, how can i get a bat under there.

ummmm
idea.gif
use a jack and raise the car up a few inches till you can fit the bat in there

my thoughts exactly . . .while reading this huge discusion about tires rubbing, and fenders rolling . . . use a jack! . . . i guess common sense isn't that common anymore.

ok so what about cutting the lip? i have a angle grinder but it kinda chops and doesn't make clean cuts. what else could i use?

Back