Rough Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well i am having problems wit my idle. It is rather rough and not constant. The Maintenence light is also on. Everytime i turn on a light, turnsignal, and emergencylight, the idle gets lower and then it raises again. I was told it might be a bad o2 sensor. Any ideas guys? Thanx.

maintenance light, or check engine light? If it's check engine then get the code and tell us what it is. Sounds like an alternator problem to me though...

Ian

Hmm... might be. When i was driving today, when pushed, a high pitch squeeking sound did occur. It is the maintenence light. Thanx .

Check the tension in your belts. Actually just check your belts. Might need replacing. If they are fine go check the tension, and if that's fine then check the alternator.

Thanks Guys... its fixed. A tune up and oil change made tha maintenece light go away. And the sound wasnt a winding from a belt, it was a crack in the intak box and made a high pitched whistle.

Awesome! Keep your engine/transmission well lubricated and do all the routine maintenance stuff before something breaks. Your car will thank you for it.

Back