Running rich, idles bad, sputters - Dyno graph

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

Just bought a new ef hatch with a b16. The car idles at 2000 and doesnt go down until i start driving, then it gets down to about 1000. Is this normal?

Also, i hit vtec at 4400 because of the mugen chip and when it hits, the car pops back a little and i definitly feel a loss of power. Also, when im driving around 70-75 mph and ease off the pedal a little bit, the car sputters breifly. But that only happens once in a while.

My question is, will most of these problems go away by converting to obd1 w/stock ecu and tuning? Or maybe adjust the fuel pressure?

Its got i/h/e/cams.

Here is the engine mgmt:

1) PR3 OBD0 5 speed ECU
2) Mugen fully re-mapped ECU chip
3) No rev limit
4) Disabled governor
5) Disabled both O2 sensors, oil pressure, and knock sensor
6) No check-engine light

And heres the dyno
DYNOGRAPH.jpg

:lol:
.. but VTEC@4400 is early, i tried that in my b16 coupe, and i also had a power loss when it hit, and then around 5800 rpms it started to pick up fast as hell.
I would go the obd1 + new chip like you said.
Also, i have that 'sputter' problem as you do, when i let off the gas and i am right at my VTEC point or a lil over, it sputters, i think it's the chip trying to dump more fuel into the engine ofr VTEC, but you arent asking for any more.
I really just want the stock p30 chip :unsure:
Yea, and really, how teh fuck do you get 160whp from a b16 with bolt ons and complain?! That is pretty damn good numbers for I/H/E/Cams.
What I/H/E/Cams do you have?

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Jun 1 2005, 11:39 PM
:lol:
.. but VTEC@4400 is early, i tried that in my b16 coupe, and i also had a power loss when it hit, and then around 5800 rpms it started to pick up fast as hell.
I would go the obd1 + new chip like you said.
Also, i have that 'sputter' problem as you do, when i let off the gas and i am right at my VTEC point or a lil over, it sputters, i think it's the chip trying to dump more fuel into the engine ofr VTEC, but you arent asking for any more.
I really just want the stock p30 chip :unsure:
Yea, and really, how teh fuck do you get 160whp from a b16 with bolt ons and complain?! That is pretty damn good numbers for I/H/E/Cams.
What I/H/E/Cams do you have?
[post=506561]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea i think ill go with a obd1 conversion. I hate going in and out of vtec at highspeed. Im pretty happy with the results so far. Its got a generic brand 2.5 intake, jdm 4-1 header, custom 2.5 inch catback, and skunk2 stage 2 cams and springs.

is it a real mugen chip?
or a "mugen" egay chip?

no rev limiter = stupid
no govenor = stupid

disabled o2's... why?

and thanks for posting up the dyno sheet...
nice power for a b16

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 2 2005, 07:22 AM
is it a real mugen chip?
or a "mugen" egay chip?

no rev limiter = stupid
no govenor = stupid

disabled o2's... why?

and thanks for posting up the dyno sheet...
nice power for a b16
[post=506646]Quoted post[/post]​

yea i think its the egay chip. I might just go vafc and tune for now.

Back