safe compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntegraLS1995

whats the highest compression that some1 could run on an ls/vtec dailydriver?

with really good tuning??? (if you have 93 octane readily available)

probly around 13:1

Yes you can run that high of a compression but around 12 or less would be more forgiving for a daily driver. Without knowing what you are after from your setup its hard to give advice.

depends on tuning and what fuel management your planning on running, also what fuel you want to run, im assuming pump gas, i would actually run a little lower than the others are recoomending because in order to run that high on pump gas your going to have retard the timing alot, i'd play it safe and run 11:5-11:8 on a daily driver on pump gas

I would say 11.5:1 for street, unless you can aget 93 octane on a regular basis, then I would do 12:1 no more. And tuning and management is key, hondata for anything 11:5.1 and higher.

calesta was running 12.6:1 daily driven
im pretty sure he didnt have a hondata
im guessing 93 octane (texas)
he is/was planning on going even higher

like i said with GOOD tuning i dont see why you couldnt run 13:1 with pump gas (93 octane)

im in cali so we get crap gas over here, and im gonna buy a hondata right after i get the ls/vtec done

yeah cali does have only piss 91, but some, i know of one and have heard there are others, Union 76's have 100

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 26 2004, 04:58 PM
calesta was running 12.6:1 daily driven
im pretty sure he didnt have a hondata
im guessing 93 octane (texas)
he is/was planning on going even higher

like i said with GOOD tuning i dont see why you couldnt run 13:1 with pump gas (93 octane)

Yup, 12.6:1 daily driven for 45k miles on 93 octane, VAFC only for tuning.

Second build = 12.4:1 on 93 with Hondata at 13:1 a/f ratio, no problems

Third build = 12.77:1 on 93, will run Hondata, shouldn't be a problem either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back