SALVAGED TURBO FOR 91 ACCORD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krtalian

I just started toying with the notion that I can turbo my 91 accord lx with a salvaged turbo out of an old eclipse or something. I was wondering what kind of turbo I should look for, I'm looking to make somewhere between 225-250 hp with an extremely limited budget. For about $800 I can just order a JDM F22b and swap that in, but I really want to hit the big 200hp mark.

H22's also cost upwards of $2000, not including shipping. For $800 I could get a F22b which has 160hp stock, and with a few aftermarket pieces I could hit 200hp somewhat easily.
Originally posted by brian11to1@Jul 18 2005, 12:18 AM
h22's had 200 hp.

learn to read compressor maps... then you can determine the size of the turbo for your car... etc...

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbotech.html

that should help
[post=527794]Quoted post[/post]​

H23 has 160 stock and can be found for less than 800 bucks...

i have heard the eclipse manifold can be fitted to an f22 head...

i would use the eclipse manifold and turbo, along with what ever else you could find in the salvage yard such as the intercooler, blow off valve, custom fit the downpipe, use the injectors, etc etc etc

homemadeturbo.com
excellent resource...

does your price for the f22 include the ecu?

Since I don't have the money right now, I haven't looked that far into it, (about the ecu) I just know that the transmission and axles etc. will hook directly up to it. The H23 is the same thing as the F22b, as far as i know. The H23 though would require a new transmission, axles, etc which in the end is more money. Thanks for the help on the turbo.
Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 18 2005, 09:44 AM
H23 has 160 stock and can be found for less than 800 bucks...

i have heard the eclipse manifold can be fitted to an f22 head...

i would use the eclipse manifold and turbo, along with what ever else you could find in the salvage yard such as the intercooler, blow off valve, custom fit the downpipe, use the injectors, etc etc etc

homemadeturbo.com
excellent resource...

does your price for the f22 include the ecu?
[post=527902]Quoted post[/post]​

2nd gen DSM turbo TD05-H 14b turbo I am using that on my SOHC going to make around 200whp pretty sure it would do the trick at higher psi...use the DSM injectors and you can get the 1g dsm BOV and IC off the same car hopefully if you go to junkyard offer 150 or less for the turbine about 50-75 for IC BOV 10-20 bucks and injectors I think 100 more or less...don't get ripped at the junkyards!

How many miles do you have on your car? I've got 235,000! I'm pretty sure I'm just going to invest in a jdm dohc f22b non vtec. Then down the road if I want to turbo that, I think it would be a lot safer.
Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 18 2005, 10:34 PM
2nd gen DSM turbo TD05-H 14b turbo I am using that on my SOHC going to make around 200whp pretty sure it would do the trick at higher psi...use the DSM injectors and you can get the 1g dsm BOV and IC off the same car hopefully if you go to junkyard offer 150 or less for the turbine about 50-75 for IC BOV 10-20 bucks and injectors I think 100 more or less...don't get ripped at the junkyards!
[post=528230]Quoted post[/post]​

Back