Seized up civic gsr-turbo :*(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lovernutted

Ok im a goof, I was driving my civic b18c1 turbo engine around with no oil! lol I got wut I deserved for not paying attention to my RED THUNDER! now its sitting in the back waiting to be rebuilt. I'm getting my income tax n dont now if i should rebuild it or go with a totally new motor! does any body know more or less how much would it cost to do a rebuild?

What are you building it for? If you are going to just replace parts with OEM replacement stuff it will cost you a lot less than rebuilding it with aftermarket stuff. Are you building it for boost, or are you just going to make it a stock rebuild?

You need to figure out what you are going to do before you decided which direction to head in.

Ok im a goof, I was driving my civic b18c1 turbo engine around with no oil! lol I got wut I deserved for not paying attention to my RED THUNDER! now its sitting in the back waiting to be rebuilt. I'm getting my income tax n dont now if i should rebuild it or go with a totally new motor! does any body know more or less how much would it cost to do a rebuild?

My friend blew his Ls/VTEC and it was around $3000. It all depends on what interally needs to be done.

it most likey just needs a new block, pistons, rings.. shouldnt be too expensive to rebuild

If the block is still in good shape you could rebuild it with some forged parts. You can get a deal on eagle rods, srp pistions, and rings for around $700. I paid $250 for machine work and another $500 on bearings, seals, and pumps. So a forged bottom end can be assembled for a reasonable cost. You could also have the head gone through for pretty cheap as well. This is all figuring that your block, crank, and head have not been severely damaged from oil starvation. I would go this route because you will have a FRESH motor that is built to handle the extra horsepower you are throwing at it.

Last edited:
Back