Shaking in my steering at around 70mph

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

When I hit around 70mph, something on the front end starts shaking. Not very badly, but it's not good! What could be causing this? I know my bearings are good, my axels are new, and I know my tires/wheels are balanced (both are new). What else could be wrong? thx

to check your ball joints jack it by the A arm them grad and shake the top and bottom. to check the tie rods you are supposed to have the weight of the car on the tire and shake it front and back.

who ever you got the tires from must have balanced them wrong. If you only get the shaking around 70mph then it is definatly that.

:withstupid:

might be an alignment issue .... but the first thing i would check is the balance
could be something stupid like a weight fell off

could be a warped rotor!!! thats wat happened to me.... check that out

engine mounts can cause shaking to at certain rev/speeds!

havin the same prob at about 70ish it just shakes back and forth lightly. but im almost positive its my tires, my steering wheel is cocked a lil to the left but drives straight. dunno if this is right or not but i heard someting about deflating a tire when off balanced and then pumpin it back up will fix it. it sounds to good to be trew but who knows

Originally posted by PhyRe@Mar 16 2005, 01:51 PM
havin the same prob at about 70ish it just shakes back and forth lightly. but im almost positive its my tires, my steering wheel is cocked a lil to the left but drives straight. dunno if this is right or not but i heard someting about deflating a tire when off balanced and then pumpin it back up will fix it. it sounds to good to be trew but who knows
[post=474307]Quoted post[/post]​

steering wheel cocked=bad alignment might drive straight but none the less bad-
as long as the wheel is balances the tire psi wont make much difference

Back