Shift Linkage Question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicbigpimpin

I recently put a motor and transmission out of a 94 del sol(d16z6) in my 92 dx civic 4 door. I used the civic linkage. After all is done 1st gear is like where 3rd should be and fifth is way over now and doesn't go into gear. Is the linkage the problem? Found a couple topics on Google but almost all relating to b series del sols. Thanks in advance.

the civic linkage is the correct one to use. the del sol shift linkage is different, but the tranny is the same as it would be in a civic. its possible you didn't install the linkage correctly?

yup

I used all civic parts. I guess its poss. to put linkage in wrong. But im pretty sure i didnt. I have done too many clutches and trans swaps to count. I will inform the masses when i figure it out. Im about to put it on the lift now. :)

Figured it out

I just went ahead and got another tranny. Everything lined up great. i guess there is some shifting thing inside that can bend and throw all the gears off. It still has 4 gears so i will keep incase a friends goes out, they are so east to put in anyways.

Back