should i swap a 16 or build up my 18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

omfg ok these choices are killing me. so ive got about 2500 to spend on my vehicle. right now its a 1990 crx with a b18a1 swap. what should i do people!? keep saving up until i can get a b16 or spend the money to build my 18 to get more torque. i know the b18 is a torque monster and damit getting a frankenstien motor in cali will fuck me over in cali. so what should i do? i'm thinking about building the b18, but im not really sure what to start with. i dont want a turbo,because i prefer all motor. if i did want to build the b18, what would i start with? What is there to build? if anyone know's anyone in the northern cali area that can "help" me smog, and you guys know what i mean, please reply back. thanks.

LS isnt a good all motor engine...without the ability to head swap, the B16 is you better bet for an all motor setup.

LS Turbo is a wonderful setup, but you put the nix on that...so GSR/B16 is about all you got.

Quoted post[/post]]
LS isnt a good all motor engine...without the ability to head swap, the B16 is you better bet for an all motor setup.

LS Turbo is a wonderful setup, but you put the nix on that...so GSR/B16 is about all you got.
ok rik. so with the money that i have which is about 2-2500, could i get a good turbo setup that would be better than an lsvtec?

yes . and the right turbo setup is carb legal.

man, boost the LS. fuck, vtec. yea blah blah its the way to make power, balh... whatever. but its fun to boost an LS and smoke a boosted vtec, i mean c'mon. almost everything with honda's has been done 3 or 400 times. so, whatever you do isnt going to be new.

that said, boosting an LS or any nonvtec is fucking cool. not many people do it. its not yet the new bandwagon. so start sooner, find another LS, strip, sleeve, rebuild with forged internals, badass yet decent turbo kit and you're set. yea, thats more than the 2500 you've got, but the thought rapping a VTEC would just be enough for me. and yea, it may take longer to get this, but c'mon man.

dont be like the rest, Boost'd vtec has been done soooo many times...

the same can be said for boosted nonvtec, but whats better... boost + nonvtec imo.

youre gonna need alot more money if u want to go all motor b16. Youre gonna keep wanting more and more power. Its a disease.

Quoted post[/post]]

The LS is actually VERY easy to make all motor power with.

Quoted post[/post]]
that said, boosting an LS or any nonvtec is fucking cool. not many people do it. its not yet the new bandwagon. so start sooner, find another LS, strip, sleeve, rebuild with forged internals, badass yet decent turbo kit and you're set.

Wow. You don't know much about the history of modding... boosting non-VTECs was WAY more popular then boosting VTEC engines "in the beginning" when people were just starting to play with modding the B. Engines without VTEC were easier to tune and much cheaper, so most people grabbed B18s and turbocharged those in favor of turbocharging VTEC blocks.

Quoted post[/post]]
What about turbo d16y8? :ph34r:
I might be looking into that.

Pretty much the same as the Z6- basically just a different head and intake manifold- same power potential.

Back