Simple Upgrades

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ichigo1174

VIP
I was just wanting to do a few simple upgrades cause I wanted my car to drive better be it better acceleration or for looks.
I have a 1994 Honda Civic LX Sedan, I love this car.

I did a tune up a few months ago and I bought some more plugs, I use NGK GP Platinum because I didn't want the V-power ones and I didn't see a point into jumping from $3 plugs to $7... or at least not yet. I never upgraded my plug wires and my brother said I should replace them because from time to time its like my car is sluggish while accelerating, and I mean full throttle (I know its a 102hp little car) but it shouldn't be acting like its stuck in quicksand.
Should I get NGK plug set or should I get something like
Magnecor Spark Plug Wires - 8mm.
Magnecor Spark Plug Wires - 8mm for 92-95 Honda Civic at Andy's Auto Sport

I wanted to know is there a difference between the 8mm and the 8.5 mm plug wires? I mean it is a $22 dollar difference between them. Is that .5mm worth the $22 I can seethe difference between NGK and the Magnecor but what would be better? Should i also get new Distributor cap or anything?

I was also wanting a Short ram intake and I'm being cheap but is this Kamikazi worth the money? or is it just crap.
92-95 Honda Civic Short Ram Intakes from Kamikaze at Andy's Auto Sport

I'm just trying to do a few things, my brother lives in Alabama and can get me a few things, like a an exhaust which is loud and sounds nice but i wanna remove is essentially a test pipe and put a
resonator
on it to keep it from being too loud at cruising speeds. Something like that, maybe not the exact one. Yes I know I'm being super cheap but I am tired of having a stock ride, and I'm still in school going to college and only working part time at McDonalds so its not like I have a bunch of funds. :/
Pictures of my civic?
Oh and yeah I have broken windshield but imma have that taken care of at the end of the year.

the OEM NGK plugs are awesome plugs and are better than most "upgrades"

OEM Honda wires (i think they are by Sumitumo... not 100% sure) are actually some of the better wires available... again better than most of the "upgrades"

no need to fuck with the cap and rotor at all

a short ram is a short ram is a short ram... no real amazing differences between them... the difference is in the filter
and honestly for your D16 youll be served just as well by removing the resonator from the stock air box and getting a K&N drop in filter... for less money too... all a short ram will give you is noise

dont bother putting an exhaust on it... especially not a fart cannon... all you will gain is noise... youll probly lose power... if you NEED to get an exhaust go get some custom bent stainless with an inline resonator and a magnaflow... keep it subtle

I do need an exhaust as I have a bunch of holes in it and I've had my brother patch up holes here and there, but he has trouble getting in between the muffler and the gas tank.

And no, I would not buy a fart cannon LAWL! they are so annoying.

I don't know, I was just wanting to do something. Maybe lower it or something. I want to do a bunch of things but my funds are limited. I'm just bored and want it different.

Removing the resonator from the stock air box and getting a K&N drop in filter, like as in keep the box and drop in a Square K&N filter? or remove the box entirely and just use a round filter? My other brother uses a "mushroom" type of filter on his and he did away comeletley with his short ram. Would this be bad at all because of the heat from the engine?

I do need an exhaust as I have a bunch of holes in it and I've had my brother patch up holes here and there, but he has trouble getting in between the muffler and the gas tank.

And no, I would not buy a fart cannon LAWL! they are so annoying.

I don't know, I was just wanting to do something. Maybe lower it or something. I want to do a bunch of things but my funds are limited. I'm just bored and want it different.

Removing the resonator from the stock air box and getting a K&N drop in filter, like as in keep the box and drop in a Square K&N filter? or remove the box entirely and just use a round filter? My other brother uses a "mushroom" type of filter on his and he did away comeletley with his short ram. Would this be bad at all because of the heat from the engine?

I would keep the intake tube, yeah. You can either keep your filter box and use a square K&N OEM replacement, or you can ditch the box and put a cone or mushroom type filter on it.

And yes, lowering would be a good place to start. Maybe some wheels too? Your car's not going to be fast unless you drop some dough on it (motor swap, turbo, etc.), so might as well do some subtle things that make it look nicer and more fun to drive...

Yes I want to make it more fun, I would love to do a swap, maybe a D15b or D16zc or y8 or something. but yeah low funds for now hopefully that will improve. I'm trying to see if anyone would trade cars with me. I would love a hatch or CRX, or even a trade and some cash for a mid-90's Prelude si. would be awesome... well... I'm allowed to dream. If I do lower it I will need a camber kit from Skunk 2 because I don't want my car to eat all of my tires. Its bad enough every now and then I pick up almost everything in the road with them. lol ;)

Back