Slipstreams w/ Tires for 600??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:withstupid:

and i have NEVER rolled on steelies... in ANY of my cars
if i was on stock steel wheels then the hubcaps were also on there
most times i was on stock or aftermarket alloy wheels

i take too much pride in my vehicle to have it looking like shit and unfinished sitting on steelies

I have yet to get rims on my car, because i would rather put money into other areas (perfomance & suspension). Rims are not going to make your car more fun to drive, and the steelies do what they are suppose to...roll and grip. I dont really care what my car looks like, it is fun for me to drive. Its a 1988 CRX, with no power anything, no AC, and no radio......unless your a honda enthusist you probably wonder why someone would want a car like that.

I like some rims, but i think its a huge fad. In San Diego, people put them on everything from Kia SUVs, H2 Hummers, to the famous stock civic:rolleyes:. I am considering the slips because i like black rims on white vehicles, like the style, and figured 600 bills would be a good deal. I still am waiting to see what kinda tires they come with.

:withstupid:

and i have NEVER rolled on steelies... in ANY of my cars
if i was on stock steel wheels then the hubcaps were also on there
most times i was on stock or aftermarket alloy wheels

i take too much pride in my vehicle to have it looking like shit and unfinished sitting on steelies
werd. i always had the hubcaps too. plain and simple, steelies look ghetto.
I have yet to get rims on my car, because i would rather put money into other areas (perfomance & suspension). Rims are not going to make your car more fun to drive, and the steelies do what they are suppose to...roll and grip. I dont really care what my car looks like, it is fun for me to drive. Its a 1988 CRX, with no power anything, no AC, and no radio......unless your a honda enthusist you probably wonder why someone would want a car like that.

I like some rims, but i think its a huge fad. In San Diego, people put them on everything from Kia SUVs, H2 Hummers, to the famous stock civic:rolleyes:. I am considering the slips because i like black rims on white vehicles, like the style, and figured 600 bills would be a good deal. I still am waiting to see what kinda tires they come with.
if you are such a honda enthusiast, you would know that lighter rims have several advantages than heavy wheels. so they would be considered performance and suspension.

also, most steelies are in odd sizes and make it hard to get performance tires for them.

I dont think steelies look ghetto, what looks ghetto to me are 22" 'dubs' on shitty ass cars. steelies are just normal factory tires, they are not fancy just practical. But in depends on what you are going for on your vehicle, my priorities were: swap, few motor mods,suspension, disc brakes, now rims/tires. Its just preferance......

.....I dont really care what people think my car looks like, if i did i would drive my truck.....but even in that case its dirty most of the time :D

are you really 25?

i don't know many people over the age of 20 that think steelies look good.

Yup i am 25, and never said steelies look better or are better. Like i said i dont drive my CRX for its luxuries or looks, its my play toy and gas saver. I have a truck that i can drive if i want to feel like a cool kid :rolleyes:. I do plan on making my beater CRX a little more appealing eventually, but the swap and suspension gave me more of a grin than then rollin in a stock 1.5 with some rims. As soon as i get the little bastard BAR'd then i might rims/tires......then eventually paint and new interior.

OP: If the tyres are in good shape, and they're decent, buy 'em. Now.

Hahaha, you'd cry if you came here and saw all of the >€45k coupes with steelies about now. But it's alright, because in today all of the winter tires come off, and then everyone will be riding around on their 800EUR/ea 9lb 16" factory rims. :(

<---rockin steelies as we speak:D
but thats because i just took my POS TRI-SPOKEs off to sell

i dont really think steelies look "ghetto"
if they are painted black and dont look all worn out they look fine,
but i like the slips ALOT!!!

hmmm..

brand new slipstreams --$400 +/-
new tires.. $200 + depending on what tire..

i'd look elsewhere.. or offer about $450-$500

^where the hell are you finding new slips for less than $600??
i cant find them for less than 600 without tires

^where the hell are you finding new slips for less than $600??
i cant find them for less than 600 without tires

Key word was "used". Also, plenty of guys sell them for less than $600 w/o tires; just depends on what size and model you're looking for.

Is there anyways to tell the width of a rim of a slip? I found another used set for cheaper, but the guy doesnt know how wide they are. Is there anything engraved or etched onto the rim to tell? Or should i just have him measure and hope he is not retarded?

Also I was going to go with the 15x7's, cause they were right in the middle. Is there any huge difference between the 15x6.5, or 7? As in traction, tire price, tire sizes, ect?

should be on the inside.. the difference between a 6.5 and a 7 is a .5 inch..

should be on the inside.. the difference between a 6.5 and a 7 is a .5 inch..

lol. I can do the math, i just wanted to know WHY there is a difference. I am pretty sure they wouldnt just make one .5 an inch bigger for no reason?

lol. I can do the math, i just wanted to know WHY there is a difference. I am pretty sure they wouldnt just make one .5 an inch bigger for no reason?

i'm assuming so you can run a wider tire

Back