Smog Test On Streets?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 3 2004, 02:39 AM
you do NOT need to consent to a road side smog test. The fucking cops will lie to you telling you that you do

:werd: even basic checkpoints are barely legal, the only reason the cops get away with them is on the basis that they are avoidable. its called probable cause.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+Apr 3 2004, 12:40 AM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@Apr 1 2004, 09:52 PM
where in cali has it been done???

anyone????

I when I first heard about this, it was at a street race that was busted in East Bay Northern California, but I have also heard of its use in So. Cal too, just expect it to be there, if you play it safe, you will most likely not get caught.

who wouldn't want a California state sponsored inspection? Ahh well fuck them all we Cali people have been harassed soo many times now its not even funny any more.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 2 2004, 07:39 PM

Best thing to do, is to tell the cop NO, then tell him you are calling your family attorney. call 411 on your cell phone and ask the operator for an attorney who specializes in traffic-related cases. Speak with the attorney on the phone and he will advise you that you do NOT have to submit to a impromptu roadside smog check. Keep the attorney on the phone all the while the cop is still around you. That way you can keep him abreast of what is going on, in case you need to take the cop to court.

Dont let these faggot CHP bitches push you around. Know your rights and stand up for them. If you dont believe me, then call down to your local traffic attorney's office and ask them directly.

that's exactly what I'm gonna do the next time I get pulled over and they want to have a roadside smog test. no more playin dumb and kissing ass. convo from the last time a cop pulled me over and told me to pop my hood:

officer: can I see your license and registration please.
officer: have you ever been pulled over for your exhaust before?
me: no sir.
officer: ok well that's the reason I pulled you over. do me a favor, turn on your car, leave it in neutral and give it some gas.....do you know how many decibles your exhaust omits?
me: I don't know..I think it said like 7 or something on the website?
officer: 7 decibles?
me: yeah I think that's what it said.
officer: ok, do you have any illegal modifications done to your vehicle?
me: nope.
officer: then I guess you won't mind if I have a look.
officer: alright, why don't you go ahead and pop the hood for me, son.
me: uhh... I don't think this is the kind of hood that opens. :ph34r:

he then gave me a look I can't even describe, I popped the hood and he proceded to write me a fatty ticket for modified intake, exhaust and no front plate with one of those smog ref. stickers on the back.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 5 2004, 11:36 PM
me: uhh... I don't think this is the kind of hood that opens. :ph34r:

he then gave me a look I can't even describe

:D :D :D

About not concenting to the check, isn't that like not concenting to a breathalyzer? It's your right but you're automatically brought in?

carson and in torrance.

this was about 2 years ago

190th street and madrona

down by the dump in carson right by the 405 fwy.

know your rights people. dont let the faggots from the chp bully you around.

Originally posted by 95preludetypes@Apr 15 2004, 09:47 PM
i heard that at a street race bust the smoged everyone dont pass you get towed.

I don't doubt it, at the Ontario street races I've seen them tow over 1 hundred cars in 1 night.

there is no fucking way I would let a cop open my hood. I don't know about cali, but in WA they can't make you do shit. For one, we don't have emissions testing yet. But besides that, they can't make you open any locked device. This means use your key to lock the glovebox, the trunk area, and any other thing they want to look in.

Without major probable cause, no judge is going to write a warrant to look inside your car while along side the road. Drug sniffing dogs aside of course. I don't carry any drugs so fuck em. I'll fuck with them just to keep em busy.

My shit gets stolen, they don't do a damn thing. I stay out late to work on my car, they come fuck with ya. Stupid pigs.

Read the rules. Cops lie, period. If you are dumb enough to fall for their lies, then you will get stuck.

In CT, they can not open a locked box. But they can tow for anything. And the tow truck driver can open locked boxes and look under the hood.

They have circumvented every right you have. Give up.

-> Steve

Back