SMOG TEST!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

91SiZC

i bought my 91 Si about a year ago and didnt think it had any mods to it,a couple of weeks pass and i ran against my friend who has the same car... for some reason i could get him off the line with no sweat... realizing this we pop open the hood... everything looks normal... they both have the same engine....or do they? to the untrained eye..they both were D16a6's but after scraping off the dirt from the block i uncovered what seemed to be two letters..but not numbers... you guessed it ZC... i didnt realized they were identical... now my question is this year is my somg year... will i pass? i have put on an CAI but it has the C.A.R.B sticker... so im not worried about that...but will they bust me for having the ZC? also my car kinda has an idling problem... somebody told me its a miss-fire.. how do i take care of that?

it shouldnt be a proble,i take it you live in california.
watch out the hcp is looking for any illegal mods know if they stop you for
anything there going to ask you to pop the hood.as log as you have your o2 sensors and proper smog equipment that cam on the car you should be fine.it had to of passed when you bought the car right?other wise you wouldnt be driving it with tags.you should be allright,but be carfull keep all thos carb stickers in plain sight.the chp tried to tell me my aem intake was illegal till i pointed out the carb sticker.fucker gave me a fix it ticket.damn california is lame

i bought the car from some shaddy ass dealer that doenst even exist anymore... and when i bought it they wanted the car back for a day to get it somgged.. i never really thought about it but i think they had it smogged at one of those "ill give u $300 if you pass me" kind of places.. anyway i hope it'll be okay like u said.. and thanks for your help -Ben

This is not Swap-related. This is the Swap-related forum.

Try again in the right forum.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back