So Cali; Need Shop Info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

I want to swap a H22 into my '95 coupe. I need the information for local shops to consult for this project. I'm looking for shop names and phone numbers. I'm looking for a shop that can do the entire thing for me, I don't want to hassle with transporting the engine and collecting all the parts and etc...

THANKS. <_<

what part of so cali are you from? if you're from san diego, GROUP 5 does really good work and they're respected around here in my opinion, you can find them if you google search, i'll try to find the number to them and post it, peace!

Hey, Im from SD...
Im in the middle of puttin my 91 Ls into my 91 Crx .... Its a total pain in the ass...!!!!
Where is that place at? Im in Oceanside... I cant afford to have them finish it, but maybe I can ask them a few questions... I'm without a ride until this POS gets runnin, and im stuck on a few things right now... Vacuum lines and things like that... It sucks...
Thanks man
Peace

I'm in diego, is GROUP 5 in miramar? I drove by one day and thought I saw the sign and couldn't find it like next week. ekPhred, do you know anything about Scorpion's Auto Saloon? I cant find them anymore either. Im from mira mesa/scripps if your wondering.

Hook ups in Montclair did my b16 and they were great, try and give them a call at 909-373-7223 Ask for Chris, Tell him Brandon Camacho Refered you.

prelude - wussup man, group 5 is in mirimar, they moved their offices like a year or so ago, i can't think of the street off the top of my head, but i'll let you know as soon as i find out, and no i havent heard of scropion's, sorry. o yea, btw, i used to live down south around paradise hills, then i moved. :eek:T

phre0n - how far along are you in your rex project? good luck on it!

it's koo that there is some people from sd in this forum, maybe one of these days, we should get all the people from sd in this forum and have some kind of a meet somewhere down here, let me konw wussup, peace!

That would be pretty tight........ except I dont have a Honda yet. Parents rejected idea of a swap so I'm trying to go w/ an RX-7 (lot of begging going on around here). If that doesnt fall through than prelude it is, even though first choice is 6th gen hb w/ b18 spec R. o well, w/e i get im happy w/.

Its pretty tight to find out about ppl from sd here, i cant find shit locally about the import scene, all the kids at my school are into they're F150's and silverados. hit me up whenever ekPhred if you find more ppl from diego, peace.

My shop CNC Motorsports in Ontario, referred me to Hook-Ups in Montclair when I asked them where a good place to do an engine swap would be. Rage in Montclair does custom turbos, but not too sure on engines, however I wouldn't go there because they are total assholes. One other place is over rev in Ontario, Hole in the wall, but awesome work. S2000 with 280-300 non charged ponies, exspensive though. Anyway, go with Hook-Ups.

ekPhred- I went by GROUP 5 today in miramar, searched for like 20 minutes and finally found where the place is supposed to be. Nothing at all there anymore. Any idea what happened?

Originally posted by brc80@Feb 13 2003, 01:50 PM
Hook ups in Montclair did my b16 and they were great, try and give them a call at 909-373-7223 Ask for Chris, Tell him Brandon Camacho Refered you.

hey brandon you know chris whitfield too?? lol small world... i met chris when he first debuted his CRX in bakersfield... i wa with him, rich, tarren, bisi and everyone from RS Machining...

chris is funny, he enjoys smoking abour 5 cigarettes while waiting in the staging lanes, funniest shiet i;ve seen from a pro driver in a long time :lol: :lol:

lude - the reason why they downsized i think is because they could just save money and mail-order their shit, while keeping minimal products in there. since you've been there, it's REALLY small compared to their other one. but, i still respect them as one of the better shops in san diego IMO. i'm pretty sure, you'll get a good deal or referral to a good shop which is why once i get my engine dropped in, i'm going to have AEBS tune it... :D

Yo, I contacted Hook-ups and they quoted me $6300 for my swap. I told the guy he's smoking some crack cuz everyone else is quoting me like $2900-4000, his response was that they use JDM engines and it would run me cheaper going with a GSR swap. I also asked to speak to Chris but he wasn't available each time I called. Just for the hell of it I asked the guy about a GSR swap and he said it'll run me around $4500-5000. Dude, I can get an ITR swap for $5300 at Signal Auto here in Torrance, CA. Are you guys sure they got good prices cuz it's doesn't look that way to me.
I sort of got a laugh after the second time I called attempting to speak to Chris cuz the guy tried to convince me that I would have a hell of time driving my car with a H22 in it and the funniest thing was that he told me the motor mounts for that swap cost about $1300 and that's the reason why the price is a little high. I told him you can buy brand new HASport mounts for like $600 and he said that they don't use HASport, they use another brand.
I mean seriously, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???
Either the guy seriously doesn't know what he's talking about or they're completely trying to rip people off. :angry:

well i guess you were talking to one of the local morons or something... i dont know much about chris' prices over ther but i know he gave me a damn good price on my ITBs, and i'll be going through him in the future unless i can get sponsored by TWM since they live close to me...

but other then that sorry you got dicked around and got thrown some bad prices mayan...

If and when you go back, do you have a direct number that you contact Chris? I think the guy I was talking to was a jackass and I want to possibly talk to Chris because obviously you've had a good experience dealing with the shop so I want to see what he says and it's not too far from me.

I dont know who you talked to but i got a great price on my b16 swap from hook-ups, chris is hard to find sometimes, just keep calling and ask for him.

2 litre EG, i was down there the other day swap out a bad distributor, took like 20 min or so, and chris must have smoked half a pack by the time i left.

Originally posted by brc80@Feb 19 2003, 11:56 AM
I dont know who you talked to but i got a great price on my b16 swap from hook-ups, chris is hard to find sometimes, just keep calling and ask for him.

2 litre EG, i was down there the other day swap out a bad distributor, took like 20 min or so, and chris must have smoked half a pack by the time i left.

he's damned chimney lol... nah you gotta see my buddy devin when he drinks... cigarette after cigarette, horrible :p

Back