So, I am up at 1:20am, having just removed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d.b.cooper

Mid-life Crisis Swap
I bought my son a black 90 CRX DX a couple of weeks ago. Stock except lowered about 3 inches with Eibach coilovers, and has a rear shock tower upper brace. Was so much fun for $1200, I wanted one.

One showed up on Craig’s list today. its an 89 HF $400. I emailed him " I'll take it! Just say where and when and I'll come running with the cash"

So he calls I leave with son in tow. My wife sort of had the idea I was looking for parts for my sons rex. Several hours later as the guys moves cars from his private salvage yard to get to the rex, she calls and I get around to explaining I am kinda planning on driving this thing. She inquires as to why I might need a 6th 'back-up car' to my 63 bug (in pieces for last 12 years), 65 bug (in pieces since last month), 84 Honda ( Dead), 65 mercury wagon (390 4V), and 85 suburban (HATE IT). I promise yet again that I am planning on selling off my inventory. I don't think she believes me. She paused a couple, then said. "Happy Fathers Day!!" I kinda think she might not be planning to get me that T3/T4 I’ve been hinting about I mean having just sired yet another child (5th is scheduled to arrive in two months), I think a Turbo is clearly an appropriate fathers day gift. Pregnant women sure can be cranky! Its not like I was dragging home a Neon or something!

ANY way this car gave me serious pause prior to purchase. Its an auction car, clean non-salvage title, but its rusty, and the skatedork that lost it to the sheriffs auction put sticker on the glass, (ugly) and on the PAINT! (stupid). I just finished razoring them all off, used a little 400 grit and some orange oil (disolve-it) on the paint ones. You can still see where they were, but hopefully you cant make out the actual brands. I'd hate to advertise any product that has a following that stupid.

She is NOT going to be pleased when she sees this in front of the house tomorrow, but, I think I cleaned it up enough that she won't actually hire a lawyer until at least after Molly is born.

For some reason the otherimage wouldnt post,so I linked below.

Alternate view.

By the way, this is the somewhat AFTER view. I cleverly modified the BD symbol fos some kind of "Board Dude" or something equally stupid, for my initials "BC"

I also turned the skull on the back into a neat-o smiley face!

BY leaving those on, she'll tell me they look stupid, I'll agree with her and remove them and peace and harmony will reign!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

Last edited:
I like the EG. But the rex needs a bit of work. I'd rock it though after some TLC.

the rex has potential...flat black rexes have really grown on me...knowin me itd be the first thing i did to one if i got one (hint).

thats a good deal on the rex...good luck with it...and yea...like everyone else has said...the eg looks awesome

Can't say I blame you.

civicious said:
I fuckin' hate you Barry...

shoulda never sold that car...

Can't take credit for the EG. Havent done a thing to it except take the SIR lip
off only because I busted it . This is Will's old hatch. If you ever have the opportunity to pick up an example of his work, I highly reccomend.

The $400 REX runs!!!!!!!!!

The ignition switch was apart, so I had turned on the ignition with a screw driver to run, got idiot lights, To crank, could see a load, but it didnt turn over.

I was going to change the starter today, so as I started taking the wiring off the starter, on a whim, I jumped it and it cranked!

Went back around, put the ignition in run, gave it a little gas, cranked, and it ran WELL. Near as I can tell this thing has been parked since at least January, possibly January of 05.

Drove it, no 1st or 2nd gear, only occaisionally reverse. Drove it to a junkyard that swapped a 5 speed into and old hatch of mine, and they are going to put in a used HF trans and newish clutch for less than $600 installed.

40mpg for less than $1000~!

Back