so i finally realized why i suck at driving the M

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

remind me to not let B drive a cable clutched car..... lol

screw the hydro's

if your left foot can't feel the pressure, then you don't deserve a shifting car. Learn to drive.

you're obviously not reading.

When you move, it delays. The feel is there, but its fake.

its not me, its the fucking car, as proved by this part.

as much as i'd like to say all cars are better in a manual i had way more fun driving the m3 with the smg paddle shift. granted some might say it takes away from all the fun of a manual and driving the car and blah blah blah. i say fuck that. i'm already having fun driving an m3, throwing the smg in there just added to my experience.

as much as i'd like to say all cars are better in a manual i had way more fun driving the m3 with the smg paddle shift. granted some might say it takes away from all the fun of a manual and driving the car and blah blah blah. i say fuck that. i'm already having fun driving an m3, throwing the smg in there just added to my experience.

i drive a car (granted not a bmw) with paddle shifters and i think it's fun too. i still admit i think the manual is more fun to drive in some situations. it all depends i guess.

yeah the fit. i think thats fun as hell to drive cause of the paddle shift in that car. the car itself is fun and would seriously look into buying one once my highlander gives out down the road.

i just never had fun in my manual m3 altho i atleast looked good.

yeah the fit. i think thats fun as hell to drive cause of the paddle shift in that car. the car itself is fun and would seriously look into buying one once my highlander gives out down the road.

i just never had fun in my manual m3 altho i atleast looked good.

i don't doubt that you looked good. you don't need an m3 for that... but i know what you're saying. i drove an m3 coupe in the late 90s. I would have killed myself if it were auto.

/threadjack

B- Fix your shit!

autoshiftt != SMG

can't really compare the two, as one is an automatic with a torque convertor, and one is a sequential manual with electronic clutch activation. :)

I like the idea of SMG a lot, but there are small problems with it that would drive me nuts.... like, if your car dies (electronic wise), and you left it in gear and need to get towed, you can't get into neutral lol

maybe on the next one :D

i'm still waiting for you to put up or shut up.

i realized you would never do it the minuet i put the post up.

Dude, gimme a break !

I haven't gotten help around this state from anyone lately. It's all me.

its practial;y already too late for this year anyway. i'm sure all the limrock track days are filled up

Limerock wouldn't let us into a "passing class" for 3 track days.

And the Vega needs it's gas tank resealed. That's about it. I have the oil leak fixed.

But what it's getting is fiberglass nose (hood, fenders) fiberglass deck lid (Lexan rear window) and fiberglass rear bumper. The wiring harness is almost done (I'm out of wire) and the cam gears are getting reindexed to finish the Formula 2000 spec reclamation. The exahust is straightened out and I need another California Red glasspack. The rear axles need swapped out to accept the S10 shafts and the front swapped over to the dropped spindles (To go to 5 lug because this 4x115 shit is ridiculous). I still have about $1000 mechanically, and a $2000 body budget left (Including new paint applied by me) The front end MAY be tubular if I can find a used Vega drag setup to rape for parts (Which may also produce a cage and fuel cell) Lightened flywheel combined with the electric water pump assist I should be able to do idle, to redline, back to idle in under 1 second (the 4AGZE Yamaha principle)

The car when I got it (After being parked for 25 years) broke second gear loose and chirped third. It would break traction at any speed at 5000+ rpm from any gear, although I only did it twice at 50 and 65 mph)

The suspension setup has been shown to hold +1g and the engine without the water pump assist / flywheel is shown to break 220hp with no other mods (Factory air box and emissions controls)

These motors are nuts, you gotta believe me.

friends father has an M, he got the B&M or a hurst...something, but when he did it himself he pointed out that there is was no subframe...

Limerock wouldn't let us into a "passing class" for 3 track days.

we've been through this. its all about best lap time, not "who comes in first".

The car when I got it (After being parked for 25 years) broke second gear loose and chirped third. It would break traction at any speed at 5000+ rpm from any gear, although I only did it twice at 50 and 65 mph)

a yaris could do this on 25 year old tires too :confused:

Wife's new Jetta GLI has the same thing and it drives me INSANE. Its nearly impossible to drive the car smooth or with any coordination because just as your feeding gas in at the normal time you would after a shift, the clutch still hasn't grabbed.

Glad I don't have to drive the car all the time, or I think I'd run it into a tree.

And the Vega needs it's gas tank resealed. That's about it. I have the oil leak fixed.

But what it's getting is fiberglass nose (hood, fenders) fiberglass deck lid (Lexan rear window) and fiberglass rear bumper. The wiring harness is almost done (I'm out of wire) and the cam gears are getting reindexed to finish the Formula 2000 spec reclamation. The exahust is straightened out and I need another California Red glasspack. The rear axles need swapped out to accept the S10 shafts and the front swapped over to the dropped spindles (To go to 5 lug because this 4x115 shit is ridiculous). I still have about $1000 mechanically, and a $2000 body budget left (Including new paint applied by me) The front end MAY be tubular if I can find a used Vega drag setup to rape for parts (Which may also produce a cage and fuel cell) Lightened flywheel combined with the electric water pump assist I should be able to do idle, to redline, back to idle in under 1 second (the 4AGZE Yamaha principle)

Sounds like it needs a lot of work :huh:

All the vega "needs" is the gas tank resealed. The rest is stuff that I want to do to it. And right now, there is no front end on the car AT ALL.

As far as limerock track time, if what you say is true, then I'll see what I can do to do it. But the overall point is clear : I'm not goddam ready.

Back