So i got popped by cypress PD ( kinda long)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

Cliffnotes at the end. . .

if anyone here is from the cypress/buena park/ cerritos area. you alreayd know cypress cops are dicks and are feared for there nit picking of imports and just any thing really. well heres the scenario:

im heading down valley view ave toward the beach, just passing lincoln right by cypress college. Now keep in mind all im doing is driving normally, nothing irratic, nothing crazy, simply crusing in 4th gear in my hatch. When all of a sudden i look in my rear view and what do i see? A nice black and white police car right behind me running my plates. She hasnt made her move yet but she is diving right behind me. Now im thinking hummmm when is she gonna turn on those lights, we pass orange and boom, here we go.

so now im pulled over, i turn the car off, lower the radio, unbuckle my seat belt, get my licence anda ll the paper work out to give her. she gets to my door and tells me i pulled u over for a modified exhaust and no seat belt. I'm thinking to myself, exhaust? its stock. . . and my seatbelt? she was behind me, even if i wasnt wearing it, how could she tell. so i simply tell her officer i just took it off to getu my paper work. she looks all clueless and goes oh. . . okay. . . ur exhaust is to loud, I HEARD you comming down valley view. . . Im thinking u heard me? u didnt see me? and u were driving behind me and i noe u didnt hear my car. . .

so then she tries to get me for my head unit, because it plays movies, or well those stupid lil lcd clips that dont exactly do nething but look cool. then she tries to get me for my gauge cluster because i took the bazle off to change something because it broke. then she gets me for the change in ownership because i didnt get a chance to change the registartion to my name. im honestly suprised she didnt try to get me for a lowered car or any thing else. i guess i was lucky, because she overlooked my gsr in an 89 hatch. . . haha

Cliff Notes:
cop pulls me over because she "heard" me driving.
then tries to get me for head unit, and gauge cluster
ends up writing a fix it ticket for modifed "STOCK" exhaust and registartion. .

freaken pain in the ass. . .

a ticket for a radio and gauge cluster? wtf kinda dumb ass shit is that? now i can see your radio if you had one of those flip out lcd screens that will play movies and you had a movie playing while you were driving, then yeah i can see a ticket. hell in most states you have to have those kind hooked up to your e-brake so itll only come on when parked.

registration i kinda see unless you just bought the car. most states give you 30 days for that stuff.

a ticket for a stock exhaust? well unless you aint running a catalytic converotr you should be good to go.

all in all id fight that shit. she had nothing better to do so she was harassing you. go to court and fight the tickets. good luck bro.

I think NC might be the same; on their website they say 30 days IIRC, but when I went to register my accord, they tacked on a charge($30 or $50) for late registration even though it was signed/notarized, etc. about 2 weeks prior.

Are you going to fight the ticket(s)?

wow, some states just have stupid fucking laws.

I think FHM had an article on some crazy and stupid laws awhile back. In one state, you can get arrested for sleeping or having sex inbetween two beds on the floor at a hotel.

HAHA, well there just fix it tickets, and i got the car in may, its now sept. . . lol that one was my bad. . . but the exhaust one is stupid. . . just plain stupid. . . and my radio just plays stupid shit, its not even a dvd player or ne thing

You live in California. You know how California is with cars, yet you choose to defy the law in such a manner that it is obvious to even a clueless cop. Set the car up so it is quiet, not slammed, your paperwork is in order, etc and you won't have any problems.

Back