So, I have to pay another 45 bucks.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

But I get a brand new stainless steel RS*R Exmag for the price of the normal, but now discontinued, Exmag.

Cliff Notes:
Got on driftspeed.com and ordered an Ex mag July 05, was sent the GTII series August 05.

Sent GTII back in December. DS.com has had it since then, and still has it.

Called the guy at DS.com just now. Turns out RS*R discontinued the Exmag series due to EXTREME back ordering. They've had people who've ordered them last July, November, December on up to the discontinuation late last month.

I'm getting a stainless steel exmag, brand new design for the cost of the normal but for 45 shipped.

As long as I get it by August I'm... well... I'm still pissed at RS*R, but hell... can't go wrong with SS in Indiana.

Yes. But the cost is offset anyway. Had I just ordered the SS catback when it came out, I would have paid over 600+ (which is what he's estimating it at) for it anyway. I paid 490+ 112 to ship the GT2 back before I found out I could have used their UPS discount. So another 45 bucks is nothing to me to just get my goddamn exhaust.

oh.. i thought you implied you were geting some sort of deal. either way, bout god damn time you got your exhaust, damn!! plus it is ss

This has been one giant ordeal, but not a deal. Finally I get get some more bolt ons when this gets introduced. I'll probably get one of the first ones off the production line.

hehehehe bolt ons

bolt_ons_are_for_beginners_(96dpi).jpg

Why? They didn't do anything wrong... of course their service could be a tad bit better... but how was it their fault RS*R was backordered on a popular product it couldn't produce fast enough?

pissedoffsol said:
they shouldn't be selling what they don't have in stock ready to ship. but thats my opinion.
yes, thats correct.

I ordered something from driftspeed, too 6 weeks to get it. it wasnt anything big, but fucking shit.

pissedoffsol said:
they shouldn't be selling what they don't have in stock ready to ship. but thats my opinion.

You think every retailer has two or three of everything they sell in stock? :huh:

The Exmag didn't start getting back ordered until November, and since RS*R sent me the incorrect catback first... i unfortunately fell under that backorder.

Nah, I talked to him right after I got it. They ordered the correct part.

RS*R sent them the correct box (for the 92-00 civic coupe exmag), but inside that correct box, was the exmag GTII for the 96-00 civic hatch.

Only thing driftspeed has been doing wrong is not calling me after I leave them a message.

I have heard alot of bad press about drift speed. If a customer orders somethign and it turns out to be on back order, then the company should call/email you and either refund your money or at least keep in contact so your not waiting months without exhaust.

That's true. I found out it was on backorder before i shipped the wrong exhaust back, but RS*R won't do anything until I was supposed to call them. How was I supposed to know that? It's just been one giant run around, I'm not happy with driftspeed in the slightest, but if RS*R won't budge then DS can't do anything about it either way.

Back