So I'm going to Japan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

14hours ahead huh? wed night, shoot me the winning lotto numbers.

Why the fuck didn't you just take a cab after all that travel? Work is paying for this trip man.. lol

Walking was free. But whatever.

Going back to the airport I'm just gonna take a bus all the way there lol

yeah man, learn "I need a receipt, please" in Japanesse

no crazy budget.

i dont really need receipts. i just pay for everything (food/travel/subway/trains/etc) out of pocket, and then i'll request my $175/day per diem for reimbursement.
but most people speak english well enough

no crazy budget.

i dont really need receipts. i just pay for everything (food/travel/subway/trains/etc) out of pocket, and then i'll request my $175/day per diem for reimbursement.
but most people speak english well enough
No, i'm talking about travel expenses. You know you can cab around everywhere and expense it..

$175! Damn, my company is cheap as fawk. Did they at least fly you business class?

No, i'm talking about travel expenses. You know you can cab around everywhere and expense it..
meh, it literally costs me less than $5 a day to take the train, and i like walking around and looking at stuff

$175! Damn, my company is cheap as fawk. Did they at least fly you business class?
fuck no. flights for economy were about 1000 each way ($2000 round), and first class was like 2x as much, business even more. freaking crazy. although walking past the first/business class seats, they were really nice. big TVs with a remote, reclining seats to lay down, etc. i would have liked that. the chic who made my arrangements, tried to get me first class but was shot down by corporate. a lot of companies are taking the stance that economy "still gets you there all the same" so they wont spring for more. it sucks.

i looked into checking out Suzuka, but it doesnt seem like much is going there this time of year :( Apparently there's a Motor themed amusement park there haha, that would be awesome.

The theme park is geared more toward little kids anyway:
Chirara.png

oh and being in the "future" is weird. 14hrs ahead of ET. as i type, local time is 5:48am JST Sunday March 9th
P4SZR0m.jpg

only VP's get first class/biz at my work. regular peons fly regular.

I've flown to India 4 times, always coach. :(

some things ive noticed.

-people are generally friendly. very especially wait staff or service industry workers. they will gladly bend over backwards for you
-these people never require (or accept) tips. it's always included as they strive to always provide the best service. tipping is actually slightly insulting as it implies that you had low expectations of them
-people only do 3 things on the subway/trains; sleep, read, play on their phone. they avoid eye contact or otherwise interaction
-speaking of phones, like 75% of everyone has an iphone. 24% have the same flip phone (i couldnt tell the model), 1% other. almost no one has android phones.
-maybe it's just the time of year, but i havent seen any other americans outside of my group of workers. most other white people are european or Australian.

Yup. Don't eat on the train either. I have actually dropped money in the subway and had total strangers run up and give it back to me. Good culture.

Randomly making friendly small talk to strangers will get you nothing but a crazy look and a polite, confused response. So don't do that. :)

Once you get back, you will see how truly horrible our customer service is in comparison.

Back