So what's the general feeling on this board?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Trinity@Apr 1 2004, 12:40 PM
as fast as a b16 can be. i wrecked it. i still have it thought. i almost traded a kid for a ek but that thing was all bondo so i said fuck it. i am getting it repainted and fixed to come back out. i should be bringing out a new crx soon. turbo ls in it.

that's sick.

Originally posted by driftie_hatch+Apr 1 2004, 09:28 AM-->
Originally posted by B16@Apr 1 2004, 12:24 PM
driftie_hatch
@Apr 1 2004, 09:15 AM
see? this is what I'm talking about. What are you saying, what did that have to do with anything I was talking about except that all three of you are jack asses, you got mad at them for racing in a piss poor location(which you were right about) so you get out there and start fucking around with them?!?!?!?! I wish you'd've gotten a ticket or got hit by the old lady. Great choice on the SUV, make sure you buy the one with the exploding Firestones.

i would have done the same thing as him. why should he get a ticket? wtf? you are an idiot. if i saw some homos racing on a public street and almost hit another person and i was within yelling distance of them, you better belive i would have something to say. if you think this kind of activity is ok, you're just like every other F&F jackass out there. take it to a fucking track or a private road.

You fuckin dolt, since you missed it the first time here:

"well, actually when I saw that they almost hit her, i sped up, (i got a stock ex...selling it to buy a Shithead-Utility-Vehicle) got in front of one of them and slammed on my brakes. then when they tried to pass me, i cut them off again...."
way to play yourself, genious.
from now I'm gonna just call Sally cause I think it's pretty.
Further more, Sally, I was saying that the people who have no clue what they're dong are ruinging it for people who do, kids like the three people in that story and well, probably you, Sally.

Sally, wow good one!

ruin what? your little F&F fantasy world? if this is your "life" Betty that is pretty sad...

Street Racing is bad none-the-less but it is still fun sometimes. There were a few tiems my friends and I went out, but the night the cop pulled a gun on my friend Joel, that was enough for us. We havent went since. It cna get hairy, just stick to the track, or autoX course, much safer, and you wont get ticketed for it.

:cliffs:

Stick to the track(s)
No tickets
If you are in it for the woman and/or attention, there's girls at the AutoX events along with the drag strip. And tons of attention.

Originally posted by Trinity@Apr 1 2004, 11:30 AM
track doens't work like that. most of the time your lined up against some stupid mustang owner , after you waited an hour in the staging lanes. how fun is that?

The problem then is that your area dosen't have enough tracks to match the demand. If the track supply met demand, you'd probably have that same feel you're after.

um its e-town. i dont pick who i race ever lol. unless they are in my same bracket.

and for those that say i dont street race, there has been a time where you were at a light or something and some guy rev'd and you got this little itch to make him feel stupid and just launch him go a little then slow down with a s mile on your face.

CLIFF NOTES: cops hate us
you could still get framed even if you aren't racing
remember the lives, imagine if it was your mom, or you kid sister, or your grandparents in the car you accidently t bone at an intersection...

i didn't read all the posts but i'm gonna contribute...

i love racing, more of a roll on cruising down the highway just kinda fucking around than a draging on the streets type racing... but any racing, even against my own times is a thrill
the only thing i can say, and i cannot stress this enough, is think about the lives of other people and yourself

people don't realize that they aren't driving nascar race cars... if you fuck up at 80 or 90 mph, there is a very good chance you are gonna be dead, cars rip apart, roll, crumble, and crush, and your little delicate human body made of mostly water is being smashed around the whole time...
and people don't realize how little it takes to get fucked up and lose control... all it takes is one less than full tire, or one slick oil spot on the road, or one bad ball joint, or one bad tie rod end... any of these things could have fatal results... and after saying that, the only way to safely race it to bring it to a track, or the back back roads, but even on the back roads you are still at risk with trees and ditches and the like along the side of the roads...

i agree that movies have fucked us, and that punks with their cars have fucked the import image
its like the muscle cars during the 70's... cops just look for us, whether we're just cruising or if we're fucking around, they just want to bang us out all the time...

and even if you are an excellent driver and never lose control, think about the newb in the car next to you, what if he can't drive and torque steers right into your car? its happened to a friend of mine, another friend lost a year of his life, and i'd imagine his anal virginity cause of a stupid small town in PA...

two kids were driving down the interstate, one with a camaro, one with a mustang, they were NOT RACING, but merly traveling together a little faster than the general speed of traffic, so to the lame person this may appear to be racing in some far stretch of the imagination...
so they were cruising and went to get off at their exit, the kid in the mustang was in front and going too fast, the ramp was not marked well as a U turn kind of exit ramp, so the kid lost control, slid into the on ramp straight ahead, and killed some woman in a head on crash...
so they both ended up going to jail cause people claimed they were racing...
so just keep this in mind, even if you aren;t racing , if you are driivng with someone you could get pinned

i just dont ever wanna have to life with a life on my hands, especially an innocent person, or a child, that wold destroy me inside...
and i also don't wanna loose my freedom, both car freedom and jail freedom for a few minutes of fun

EDIT:
does anyone have any info on a cordless laser timer type setup
i have been thinking about having a small just for fun type of drag setup at the local airport, its real small and hardly ever used... i just wanna give people a place to race so they keep it off the streets... what do people think of this idea?

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 1 2004, 10:08 AM
no, street racing isnt "cool"

well, actually when I saw that they almost hit her, i sped up, (i got a stock ex...selling it to buy a Shithead-Utility-Vehicle) got in front of one of them and slammed on my brakes. then when they tried to pass me, i cut them off again....
my super uber driving skills were no match for jose in his piece of shit dx.

yeah neither is brake checking and cutting people off.

your actions were no better than the guys street racing.

you were endangering their lives and yours by getting in front of them and slaming on your brakes and cutting them off, not to mention other motorists and pedestirans around you. on top of that you could have gotten yourself shot. you don't know if they were strapped or not. I know a lot of people that don't think before they act and they wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone for running their mouth off.

driving irraticlly is just as illegal as street racing. I'll admit I use to street race all the time and I was broadsided by someone at the races and my car was almost totalled. I learned my lesson haven't gone back to the "street races" since. I do however do the same B suggested, schedule something way out of the way of other people where 4 cars max will also go, not with a shit load of cars lining the sides of the street all F&F style, that's just asking for someone to pull out infront of you.

NotUrAverage_Si good point but i think his actions were approiate for his reasoning?? almost ending somebody's life for what??? to race stock cars?? why race your honda if nothing is dont to it anyway. But at least you gave those dirty gringos a piece of your mind!!!!!!!!

no I don't think his actions were appropriate at all. purposely endangering someone elses life is never appropriate. 2 wrongs don't make a right. you think what he did was gonna keep them from street racing again?

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 1 2004, 11:12 AM
you think what he did was gonna keep them from street racing again?

It probably stopped them from street racing for the rest of the night at least. :shrug2:

Go get 'em Tonyd!!

Originally posted by B16+Apr 1 2004, 01:11 PM-->
Originally posted by driftie_hatch@Apr 1 2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by B16@Apr 1 2004, 12:24 PM
driftie_hatch
@Apr 1 2004, 09:15 AM
see? this is what I'm talking about. What are you saying, what did that have to do with anything I was talking about except that all three of you are jack asses, you got mad at them for racing in a piss poor location(which you were right about) so you get out there and start fucking around with them?!?!?!?! I wish you'd've gotten a ticket or got hit by the old lady. Great choice on the SUV, make sure you buy the one with the exploding Firestones.

i would have done the same thing as him. why should he get a ticket? wtf? you are an idiot. if i saw some homos racing on a public street and almost hit another person and i was within yelling distance of them, you better belive i would have something to say. if you think this kind of activity is ok, you're just like every other F&F jackass out there. take it to a fucking track or a private road.

You fuckin dolt, since you missed it the first time here:

"well, actually when I saw that they almost hit her, i sped up, (i got a stock ex...selling it to buy a Shithead-Utility-Vehicle) got in front of one of them and slammed on my brakes. then when they tried to pass me, i cut them off again...."
way to play yourself, genious.
from now I'm gonna just call Sally cause I think it's pretty.
Further more, Sally, I was saying that the people who have no clue what they're dong are ruinging it for people who do, kids like the three people in that story and well, probably you, Sally.

Sally, wow good one!

ruin what? your little F&F fantasy world? if this is your "life" Betty that is pretty sad...

0/2
you really suck at the internet.
Keep trying, you'll save face, I promise.
READ NEXT TIME!
P.S. Copying someone's insult is about the worst way to come back at them, next time you might try something original and see where that gets you. :D

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 1 2004, 02:12 PM
no I don't think his actions were appropriate at all. purposely endangering someone elses life is never appropriate. 2 wrongs don't make a right. you think what he did was gonna keep them from street racing again?

100% CORRECT.

Originally posted by rushcrx@Apr 1 2004, 02:06 PM
NotUrAverage_Si good point but i think his actions were approiate for his reasoning?? almost ending somebody's life for what??? to race stock cars?? why race your honda if nothing is dont to it anyway. But at least you gave those dirty gringos a piece of your mind!!!!!!!!

If you follow your logic to it's natural conclusion then you can justify anything, in other words, no.

negligent driving should never be awarded with praise just as street racing shouldn't be. personally I think creating a hazerdous environment on purpose is some of the most idiotic shit I've ever heard.

if stupidity were a crime, your ass would be locked up fo life.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 1 2004, 02:36 PM
negligent driving should never be awarded just as street racing shouldn't be. personally I think creating a hazerdous environment on purpose is some of the most stupid shit I've ever heard.

who's that directed to?
If it was directed towards me I think you've misunderstood what it is that I'm saying. I am longing for the days when it simple and smaller and there weren't so many new kids out there trying to act like seasoned drivers.

Originally posted by driftie_hatch+Apr 1 2004, 11:38 AM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Apr 1 2004, 02:36 PM
negligent driving should never be awarded just as street racing shouldn't be.  personally I think creating a hazerdous environment on purpose is some of the most stupid shit I've ever heard.

who's that directed to?

why do you care? you obviously started this thread to become buddy buddy with those that had the same view as you but jump all over those that didn't? don't ask for peoples opinion next time.

EDIT: i'm not trying to save any face, you like to argue on the internet, good for you. go back to racing on the streets and kill yourself, hopefully you don't take an innocent life with you.

Originally posted by B16+Apr 1 2004, 02:42 PM-->
Originally posted by driftie_hatch@Apr 1 2004, 11:38 AM
NotUrAverage_Si
negligent driving should never be awarded just as street racing shouldn't be.  personally I think creating a hazerdous environment on purpose is some of the most stupid shit I've ever heard.

who's that directed to?

why do you care? you obviously started this thread to become buddy buddy with those that had the same view as you but jump all over those that didn't? don't ask for peoples opinion next time.

you're a joke, you got ancy, tried to come at me with out thinking and piad for it(funny how that's one of the biggest underlying themes in thrtead...) you're only making yourself look worse now tring to save face.
By the way Sally, that's 0/3 and I never remember adding, "Whose with me!" at the end of the initial post, I was just asking a question. YOU SUCK AT LIFE.

Originally posted by B16+Apr 1 2004, 02:42 PM-->
Originally posted by driftie_hatch@Apr 1 2004, 11:38 AM
NotUrAverage_Si

who's that directed to?

EDIT: i'm not trying to save any face, you like to argue on the internet, good for you. go back to racing on the streets and kill yourself, hopefully you don't take an innocent life with you.

do you need a tissue, sounds like you're getting awful upset over there, don't let the tears get on your keyboard you may short it out.

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 1 2004, 02:48 PM
You sounds like the people I grew up around and used to hang out with when I was younger. Gangbangers, thugs and otherwise lovely people. "Why the muthafuckin' pigs always fuckin' wit me?". Could it be because you're endangering other peoples lives? No? Maybe it's because you're blatantly and flagrantly violating the law.

Your lifestyle is damn near as dangerous. A friend of a friend got shot at in his '99 Si after toasting two vatos one night. (For Guy, that was Joe's friend Rob) Then there's all of the more common dangers that everyone else has already pointed out. Yes, I've raced people from lights and on the freeway...and I still think it was/is stupid. If you're going to break the law, don't bitch about the cops giving you shit. If you're out there being macho, you damn well better believe that youngbucks are going to look up to you. They mystic around the "sport", as you call it, is how illegal it is. I don't know how many people I've heard say, "it's just not the same at the track, the rush is gone". For another comparison, it's like the chick that always wants the bad-boy even though she knows the nice guy will treat her better. It adds that extra spice but, in the end it's still a bad idea. Just like street racing.

If you really want to find out who's dick is bigger, just pull out the handy-dandy tape measure. :thumbsup:

you, your friend and whoever else CHOOSES to do this sport and SHOUL:D have a complete understanding of the finality of the consequences, I'm sorry for your loss but that's the nature of the beast. If I may say, I sound like a well educated gang banger, and by the way, moderator or not I don't care, I'm entitled to my opinion and he came at me, I'm just defending myself. No one said you're on anyone's dick, clear your consicence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back