So, Who has a 1954 Chevrolet Pickup rotting in their back yard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Its a long shot, but why not. Looking for a '54 chevy pickup project. Striking out online and locally. Looking for a solid frame and body. The rest doesn't matter much.

That is a good deal.. Could probably off load the '67 for 1000 or so.. But the '54 is a flat bed dually.. I'd have to track down a bed and an axle and be out a couple thousand right off the bat. Looking for an un-rotten 3100 (regular pickup with a bed). Would orgasm if I found a barn truck that's been sitting for the last 30 years for $1,000.. but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to cough up more than that.

Yea thought those might be a couple of hang ups. If you're going resto mod a cheap 10 bolt out of anything would suffice? There have to be beds down your way. Its all I found in my area. Wish you could search nationwide on craigslist. Sucks going city by city.

I want a 67-72 swb and the wifey wants a 48-55. Good luck in your search, but most people who have a decent body will know what they have.

For me, it was a toss up between the 54 and the 72. 72 is a way better truck all around, but it just doesn't make me smile as much as a 54. And there is an app on the iPhone called "Craigslist" (written in old news paper headline font, format of the ap looks like a newspaper) that allows you to add as many cities as you want. Its slow. But it works. Most of what I'm finding is people who want 5 or 6 grand for trucks that have half rotted back into the earth. Or decent deals on trucks with no titles. (Not going there) It'll pop up some day. I live in Texas and drive a route all over.. I'll find one in a field somewhere.

Current plan is a patina truck. Frame off restore of the frame, suspension, motor, etc.. Leave the rest alone. Then move into actually restoring the rest of it as time and $ permit.

Last edited:
Back