Sohc Header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_Si

i am in the market for a header. i was reading about a few and the DC 4-2-1 2 pc looks the best but there is one sticking out in my mind. the HP racing 4-2-1 2pc. HP claims their headers make an average of 3 horses over DC. i didnt believe it but i saw dyno charts. they are stainless and cheaper than the DCs. quality?(prob not) what do you think? any recomendations other than DC or HP? thanks

Umm not sure of Companies but a 4-1 is better then the 4-2-1. I don't think the dc sports 4-2-1 looks good at all. I have one and have to constantly clean it and stuff to keep it in good condition, looking wise. I would try to stay away from ceramic if I was you, because I know 2 people that had exhaust leaks with the 4-2-1, one dc, and one generic company.

my $.02

a 4-1 header is never better that 4-2-1. think of it as a hallway....if there were four hallways going into one there would be a huge traffic jam when populated. 4-2-1 eases up the flow of people(exhaust gasses) thus makes more power. :D

Originally posted by CRX_Si@Mar 20 2003, 02:32 AM
a 4-1 header is never better that 4-2-1. think of it as a hallway....if there were four hallways going into one there would be a huge traffic jam when populated. 4-2-1 eases up the flow of people(exhaust gasses) thus makes more power. :D

Exhaust is released in pulses,not all at the same time,so the hallway theory doesn't really work..4-1 and 4-2-1 both have their place and advantages over the other in specific applications.Both can produce more power than the other depending on how they are built.

Best header.. for 500 bucks you can get a Bisi header. Hands down a badass fucking header. Comptech makes nice d-series headers and Edelbrock has some nice ones.

thanks yeah, 4-1 headers help more in the low RPM range right? and 4-2-1 is better for high RPM?

opposite
4-1 is top end, where hondas make power anyway.

Stillen 4-1 owns for sohc header's

I have the HP Racing Header it is very nice for the price I am not going to say that the 4-1 header would not be better but for the price it is very good i only got mine to have a little more power until i get the money saved up so i can get a turbo if that is what you plan on doing then go for HP its good gain for the money

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 20 2003, 04:09 PM
opposite
4-1 is top end, where hondas make power anyway.

There are some 4-1's that gain more through the whole power band than the 4-2-1,but generally the 4-2-1 does give more to the low end than the 4-1.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 20 2003, 10:09 AM

Okay. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I believe there are better out there. Who says its better? Is it b/c "Mista Bone" is using one? (if you even know who i'm talking bout)

i know who mista bone is, but i have no clue what his setup is.
I in fact have one on my d16z6

s3db459eb3d3ff.jpg

see? there it is.

i did a lot of research when i got it, unlike what i did when i bought that ractive intake! hahaha

I actually bought that used off of justin from team fastasnutz when he did his ITR swap into his EG6

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 20 2003, 11:20 PM
Sorry, but I believe there are better out there. Who says its better? Is it b/c "Mista Bone" is using one? (if you even know who i'm talking bout)

There are better out there, but the Stillen 4-1 is still one of the best D block headers out there. It's one of the few 4-1 headers on the market for the SOHC D engines- most are two piece 4-2-1 units.

Back