spark plug / oil question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

g2ooo

I have an accord but the engine died on me, i tried to check out the spark plugs and there was oil all up in the spark plug holes. any idea why?

just to get it straight, You had oil in the holes or oil on your spark plugs themselves?

yep VALVE COVER GASKETS. I had the same problem when i first one my rexes. The idiot never put them on. The oil gets in the holes and the eventuallly makes it in the plugs. Suck the oil out with something.spray nozzle will do. Then take the plugs out and clean as much as possible.

Originally posted by g2ooo+Jul 21 2005, 10:52 PM-->
I have an accord but the engine died on me, i tried to check out the spark plugs and there was oil all up in the spark plug holes. any idea why?
[post=529681]Quoted post[/post]​

hmmmm....

b204dr
@Jul 22 2005, 01:33 PM
blow by- oil seeping past the ring to the plug causing it not to fire is another option!
[post=529895]Quoted post[/post]​

yep, dont think so..

Originally posted by phyregod+Jul 23 2005, 02:46 PM-->
@Jul 23 2005, 08:15 AM
nice answer sparky <_<
[post=530113]Quoted post[/post]​

Put your oil in the OIL hole, DUH....
[post=530196]Quoted post[/post]​

Now, that is the kind of intelligence I'd expect B)

sorry if I sounded like an ass in my last comment, but it pisses me off when people see that the problem has been addressed and an answer surmised, but they have to make some crazy ass comments.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else g2ooo :)

Back