Specs for a SOHC ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INEEDHELP

anyone know what kind of car my engine came from??? oh and i have an idling problem.. i replaced my distibutor,spark plugs,wires about 6months ago and ever since then i have been experincing what my mechanic would call a "missfire" it kinda sounds like im shooting bullets out of my car..hahah. the idle jumps back and forth between 800and1000 any suggestions?the only thing i can think of is that i got the distibutor from Autozone and its for a D16a6.. but they are both 1.6L SOHC non-vetch engines.... would that be the problem?

I think the SOHC ZC is from an 89-91 CRX Si, but I'm not positive on that. I bet the distributor is the problem but before you go out and get another distrib, you might wanna wait till someone else w/ more knowledge and tells you what they think.

Are you getting a check engine light? Meaning are you throwing any codes, namely 9-4-15 any of these?

4 = Cylinder Position sensor - means the distributor is bad
9 = Crank Angle sensor - means the distributor is bad
15 = Ignition output signal check connections on the igniter

If you do not know how to check for codes, pull back the carpet on hte passenger side. See the hole in the goldish colored metal plate, that's where the ECU reads out any codes. Ok, now turn the key to the ON position, dont start the car. How many times does it flash? For seperate codes it will flash say 5 times, then stop, and flash the next code. There will be a puase in between codes.

Good Luck
Brian

well i can tell you that the dohc zc came in the 89-91 crx si. i want to say that the single came in the dx of hf modle. not sure tho. as for your missfire duz the car do the same thing (missfire) at a stedy throtle like if you were driveing down the road. is so look at your o2 sensors but if that were the case then you word have a code. but cheak them anyway. and if it turns out that it is the crank angle sensor or the cyl position sensor thats duznt mean the distributor is trash you can replace them iv done it my dual cam zc.

Five years later, I think this guy is long gone... Check the dates on the threads.

well i can tell you that the dohc zc came in the 89-91 crx si. i want to say that the single came in the dx of hf modle. not sure tho. as for your missfire duz the car do the same thing (missfire) at a stedy throtle like if you were driveing down the road. is so look at your o2 sensors but if that were the case then you word have a code. but cheak them anyway. and if it turns out that it is the crank angle sensor or the cyl position sensor thats duznt mean the distributor is trash you can replace them iv done it my dual cam zc.

Five years later, I think this guy is long gone... Check the dates on the threads.

Yeah, plus your information is wrong, and your spelling and grammar could use some help- but welcome to HondaSwap! Read up and learn.

DOHC ZC was never available in a US car from the factory
SOHC ZC was never available in a US car from the factory
89-91 Si had the D16A6
88-91 DX had the D15B2
88-91 HF had the D15B6

The answer to your idleing problem is your TPS ( Throttle Position Sensor). Trust me I am having the same problem with my car right now too, and I also have the SOHC zc engine in my car.

Yeah, plus your information is wrong, and your spelling and grammar could use some help- but welcome to HondaSwap! Read up and learn.

DOHC ZC was never available in a US car from the factory
SOHC ZC was never available in a US car from the factory
89-91 Si had the D16A6
88-91 DX had the D15B2
88-91 HF had the D15B6

Had to join the site just to say... wow you're a dumb ass, because the DOHC ZC was available in the US from the factory, it was in the first generation integras (86-89 Acura Integra, also known as DA3)

Sorry but I had to say that and I don't care if I get banned for calling you out on that.

actually DICK BAG....

according to the Helms Manual (official repair manual for all Hondas) the engine in the USDM 86-89 Integra was a D16A1

there was a JDM equivalent that was marked ZC but all USDM versions were labeled D16A1

attachment.php

nice try though fuck face... glad you signed up just to show us all what a retard you are :)

thanks for playing

**smooches**

:fuckyou3:

Attachments

• integra vin.JPG
    integra vin.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 8,940
Had to join the site just to say... wow you're a dumb ass, because the DOHC ZC was available in the US from the factory, it was in the first generation integras (86-89 Acura Integra, also known as DA3)

Sorry but I had to say that and I don't care if I get banned for calling you out on that.
rolf research young grasshopper,

DICK BAG! I LOVE THAT!
ok ever later yet......
now i need help..... please?
90 LX sohc stamped zc black top, dc 4-2-1, 5spd si hybrid, stock lx dizzy, pm5 mt ecu. dpfi.
i wish to install my jdm mpfi. have the box the mt pm6 can i use the lx dist? i fucked off like 5 harnesses before i stopped listening to retards like that guy above, ehem
flipoff.gif
. guess he dont wanna play no more.... ha ha he is a dick bag. do his home work before talkin shit.
anyway.

do i need to change the dist? took me this fuckin long to learn the cps is inside the dist! im old old skool. chevey ford and dodge school. mustangs to mavericks. but my lil bucket is a fun lil turd.
any hep would be much appreciated.
hey jdma.....
flipoff.gif
dick bag! hahahahaha roflmfao!

DICK BAG! I LOVE THAT!
ok ever later yet......
now i need help..... please?
90 LX sohc stamped zc black top, dc 4-2-1, 5spd si hybrid, stock lx dizzy, pm5 mt ecu. dpfi.
i wish to install my jdm mpfi. have the box the mt pm6 can i use the lx dist? i fucked off like 5 harnesses before i stopped listening to retards like that guy above, ehem
flipoff.gif
. guess he dont wanna play no more.... ha ha he is a dick bag. do his home work before talkin shit.
anyway.

do i need to change the dist? took me this fuckin long to learn the cps is inside the dist! im old old skool. chevey ford and dodge school. mustangs to mavericks. but my lil bucket is a fun lil turd.
any hep would be much appreciated.
hey jdma.....
flipoff.gif
dick bag! hahahahaha roflmfao!
the LX DPFI distributor will not work with MPFI - doesn't have a cylinder sensor needed to run MPFI - you need the distributor from 88-91 CRX Si or HF or Civic Si or EX

hahah Dick bag. that is so funny i forget it for a month and its like brand new. spot on dude! fuc yeah.

Pretty sure you just have to add 4 wires total to go from DPFI to MPFI, then flip polarity on another sensor for the DOHC ZC. Been a while since I looked at the diagrams, but that's what I did to convert my wife's 88 LX Civic to MPFI.

Back